Installing MySQLI extension for web server
Tofloor
poster avatar
savanweylyn
deepin
2017-04-28 05:34
Author
Hi,

I have installed apache2 mysql-server, and a few other php packages, but i can't install php5-common which installs both the old MySQL and the new MySQLi plugins. The reason it cannot be installed is that it is missing from the Debian unstable repository. I tried to install it from the Debian stable (Jessie) repository (downoladed it using links), but it has a few dependency issues, that an be corrected by downloading the corresponding packages form the same repository, but they also have many dependency issues, so i just gave it up. Is there a way to solve this without setting up a Debian stable/Ubuntu server VM?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
nipos
deepin
2017-04-28 06:36
Add the needed Debian repositories to your repository list.
Then all dependencies can be downloaded from there automatically.
Updates can be installed too without manually updating each program.
Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2017-05-13 07:00
Edited by savanweylyn at 2017-5-12 16:04
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/138568
Add the needed Debian repositories to your repository list.
Then all dependencies can be downloaded  ...

If i add the Debian Jessie repository, it will try to update other packages too. And nothing good can happen if i upgrade system packages from another disstro's main repository. I noticed that the last debian-based distro that had the php5-common package was Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (trusty). It's not awailable from Ubuntu 15.04 (vivid) and above.
Reply View the author
nipos
deepin
2017-05-13 10:15
The packages with the same names are the same things,no matter from which repository.
Theres no problem with the packages from the Debian repositories.
Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2017-05-29 12:29
After some research, it turned out that the php5-common is obsolete and had been replaced with php7-common.
Reply View the author