Nvidia
Tofloor
poster avatar
przemonzly
deepin
2017-04-29 15:35
Author
Hi!
Im form Poland, i've istalled Deepin is really good looking if not best looking distro!
But i have some issues.
I do not know how change graphics card form intel to Nvidia. I want play some games from Steam but i have very low fps.
I think my laptop working on integrated graphics card.
I've installed drivers from drivers manager, and there was two drivers to install.
Intel-microcode (i dont know to install it or not)
Bumblebee-nvidia (i installed this but i cant change graphics card)
Can anyone help me?
Sry for my engiish.
Regards
Przemek
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
impressionyang
deepin
2017-04-29 19:57
If you want to play the game on steam,you do need to install the graphics card driver.i think you should install the bumblebee because i install it and now i still working well.and after you install the bumblebee driver, maybe you should wait for it until it complete the install worke, and you should reboot the laptop to make the driver ready. after you finish these step. you can run the steam as "optirun steam" in the terminal, than you can run your steam game as usual and it will make the nvidia graphics card work, so go and enjoy it. sorry for my bad English too.
                                                                                                                                              impression
Reply View the author
MeowSprite
deepin
2017-04-29 22:11
本帖最后由 MeowSprite 于 2017-4-29 14:17 编辑

https://support.steampowered.com ... ?ref=6316-GJKC-7437
you could follow these steps to to make a specific game run using the discrete GPU in steam. or you can just execute follow command in terminal.
  1. primusrun steam
Copy the Code

Reply View the author
satriodwiprabowo
deepin
2017-04-30 05:07
I have same problem any idea guys ?
Reply View the author
jolu
deepin
2017-05-01 02:35
Here, I just had to select bumblebee, already came installed, on driver manager to use nvidia settings
Reply View the author
z778280151
deepin
2017-05-01 07:50
Hello, deepin now on the notebook independent graphics support is not very good, I also bother for a long time
Reply View the author
z778280151
deepin
2017-05-01 07:55
Intel & NVIDIA

Close alone show
Boot, according to the screen prompts into the motherboard settings, the independence was set to not enabled.
Independence switch
Install a third party Bumblebee program that can implement NVIDIA Optimus, the implementation of the terminal:
Sudo apt-get install bumblebee-nvidia primus # Install Bumblebee-nvidia (for closed source drivers), where primus is optional for performance
Sudo apt-get install bumblebee primus # install Bumblebee (for open source drivers)
After the installation is complete, restart the computer to make Bumblebee effective, but Bumblebee can not be set to show (Intel graphics) and independence display (NVIDIA graphics card) between the automatic switch. The system will use the default integrated graphics (Intel graphics card), when you need to use alone (NVIDIA graphics card) to run a program or game, the terminal can execute the following command:
Optirun command # Use the command program to run alone

Optirun -b primus command # Use the command program to increase performance
Such as running 0 A.D. games:
Optirun 0ad # Use the show alone (NVIDIA graphics) to run 0 A.D. games
When the program using the optirun command is closed, the system will automatically turn off the stand-alone (NVIDIA graphics card).
Reply View the author