Can't switch user at the login screen
Tofloor
poster avatar
udo
deepin
2017-05-07 18:11
Author
Greetings from Brazil!
I installed Deepin 15.4 for a week now, and so far I'm having a great ride.
But I'm facing a problem which seems to be a bug (either a bug of my own, or Deepin's), but before I file a bug report I wanted to ask here, maybe it's my fault.
I have 2 users on my computer, and have set up one account for each, let's call them user1 and user2.
user1: admin user, has a password defined, but is configured to log in automatically when I turn on the computer.
user2: regular user, empty password (removed it cleaning /etc/shadow encrypted password).
Now to the problem:
I turn on my computer and it goes straight to user1's desktop, as expected. Now I click the poweroff icon, and then on Exit. Deepin directs me to the login screen, but only user2 is showing. I click to login on user2, and can access that desktop normally. If I again click on poweroff and then Exit, I get directed to the login screen, and still only user2 is an option. If I want to go back to user1, I need to restart my machine.
Is there a shortcut at the login screen which I haven't found that allows me to present all users?
Has anyone experienced something similar, or maybe give me a hint on what could be wrong?
Note: I also noticed that the 2 users are not showing in the configuration panel on the right, under 'accounts'. But they used to, since I configured each of them.
Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
HualetWang
deepin
2017-05-08 20:06
There should be a button beside the power button on the login screen that can let you switch to other users.
Isn't it there?
Reply View the author