Script to force MIRROR and improve download speed! :)
Tofloor
poster avatar
m***o@gmail.com
deepin
2017-05-10 03:48
Author
Hi,
I'm not a Dev and I'm not a programmer, but I see that changing mirror in the Control Center is not good as change mirror in Source.List.

So, I decided to write an easy script to allow users to select the nearest mirror for their location.
This script is great for worldwide users, not chinese ones (because chinese mirror works great for chinese mainland).

Here the compressed file, just unzip and run in terminal:
Deepin_force_local_mirror.sh.zip

Have a nice day!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
2 / 2
To page
m***o@gmail.com
deepin
2017-05-21 07:31
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/139198
@maxximo: I did not try your script, but opened it to see by my self. My post is an 'always working' ...

No problem!
This script works for me, so no problem at all!
Reply View the author
th3blad3runn3r
deepin
2017-05-21 22:30
Edited by th3blad3runn3r at 2017-5-21 19:28

Despite the fact that it was fun to write an alternative script, I still think it's unbalanced for novice users (who are the primary audience for this kind of stuff).
If they have enough knowledge to do a chmod +x, I still think they're competent to edit 'by hand' sources.list...But it's just my point of view !
To be fully honest, I don't really know where the cursor should be, so let live those scripts and see what happens...

Ciao Maxximo !
PS: IMHO, while it needs further testing to understand why it doesn't work as expected, the 'right' answer to this issue is suggested by snyh1010.

Reply View the author
qr******23@gmail.com
deepin
2023-02-19 00:15

hey.from algeria .can mirror work. another problem i c'ant print doc from deepin linux.i try many suggests solutions but now thing.thanks

Reply View the author
2 / 2
To page