For those who want Alt-Shift as the default shortcut to switch keyboard layout
Tofloor
poster avatar
HualetWang
deepin
2017-05-15 19:05
Author
Hello everyone, I'm developer of deepin.  I want a survey from those who want Alt-Shift as the default shortcut to switch keyboard layout,
why would you want it as the default instead of the Super-Space keybinding ?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
com_bvv
deepin
2017-05-15 22:10
Because millions of users are used to such a combination. Also Ctrl_Shift
Reply View the author
bunkerwhz
deepin
2017-05-16 03:18
Thanks for your response. Alt+Shift and Ctrl+Shift are de facto standard (Linux\Windows way). I used to do it since I was able to use a keyboard. Thant's how hundreds of millions people use it daily. The only exception is MacOS, but even there users use addition software to change the input method to Alt+Shift and Ctrl+Shift. And I really upset what it hasn't done yet, though you promise it many times. https://bbs.deepin.org/post/135320#layout
Reply View the author
HualetWang
deepin
2017-05-16 21:31
OK, will improve this.
Reply View the author
elswerky
deepin
2017-05-17 01:19
Alt + shift but just pressing them to shift to other language

Not as present now (pressing super +space) which just shows available layout i choose then i have to press again tp choose the language i want

Just alt+shift (easy for rapid typing), also alt +shift moves to other language not only shows available layout (i insist on this)
Look make it as in ubuntu or Windows, even in ubuntu i can customize it to make one button  
Reply View the author
klenta
deepin
2017-05-18 15:34
Hello i'm just registered to post a reply.
Last time I installed deepin I was able to switch alt-shift after using some long yet great guides by russian users. Now all of these ways are broken too, I can't even bind random command to alt-shift. Whyy? ;c  Is alt-shift is out of law, and developers force us to use windows8-like switching? I can't understand after hours of trying to get normal switch bind. But all other about deepin is great and very fast compared to many other distros. Thanks!
Reply View the author
z1zo
deepin
2017-05-22 14:11
It's easier than Super-Space
Reply View the author
HualetWang
deepin
2017-05-22 21:29
We've implemented, and hopefully we will release an update very soon.
Reply View the author