Kodi version stable.
Tofloor
poster avatar
albans
deepin
2017-05-22 21:00
Author
Hi, i have a problem with kodi, whent i use it in around 2 minutes kodi stops. I cant see the mouse pointer, I press the win key+d to back to desktop and kill the process kodi-bin from the task monitor.

I whant install a stable version of kodi, bud i don't know how.

I need your help. Thanks.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
michaeljayt
deepin
2017-05-22 21:46
Hi. Are you using proprietary driver with display card?
Reply View the author
albans
deepin
2017-05-22 22:34
Yes i use the privative drivers for mi  intel grafic card
Reply View the author
albans
deepin
2017-05-28 22:24
I re-install deepin and I have the same problems with kodi, whent I used it, it stop and I need open the sytem monitor to kill Kodi.

Reply View the author
giovannigil
deepin
2017-06-05 17:24
I have this same problem. When I go to watch something Kodi closes.
Reply View the author
dawson
deepin
2017-06-06 00:00
Edited by dawson at 2017-6-6 10:45

Hi there!
Got a similar trouble with Kodi on Deepin 15.4 Desktop 64-bit. I can easily install Kodi from Deepin Store, after it's installed I can see Kodi packages (totally 4 packages, they are: Kodi, Kodi-bin, Kodi-data and Kodi-visualization-spectrum) via Synaptic or dpkg -l in Terminal. But all attempts to run Kodi fail - it does not even start at all. After clicking the Kodi shortcut OS is "thinking" for a moment and in a second stops running Kodi. If try to run it using Terminal I can see such an error:

~$ kodi
Xlib: extension «GLX» missing on display «:0».
Segmentation fault
Crash report available at /home/%username%/kodi_crashlog.log

Full Crashlog is attached to this post - filename is Kodi_crashlog.pdf

I've tried to install Kodi not from Deepin Store but from other sources. Installing via Terminal after adding the required repository (sudo apt-get install kodi) gave the same results as installing via Deepin Store - Kodi installed but could not run. I tried as well to install it using the deb package (kodi_17.1+dfsg1-3_amd64.deb) downloaded from Debian official website - this time I could not install it, Gdebi showed me an error (screenshot attached, sorry, it's in Russian - filename Gdebi_error.png).

Can anyone plz help me to fix it?

UPD: After reinstalling the OS I could easily install Kodi on Deepin.

Reply View the author