Cant log in
Tofloor
poster avatar
jerobero500
deepin
2017-08-14 04:36
Author
tried installing second life, restarted computer and now it says wrong password. help

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
abercoque
deepin
2017-08-14 06:17
Hi jerobero,
I also have firestorm viewer, that more than probably have nothing to do with your password problem.
Just to help try 2 things:

Be sure that you are using the same system language keyboard than when you created the account at deepin, sometime in different linux distributions when you are not using freaking english after first boot, the leyboard is in english because of no reason, provoking that what you type and what system reads don't coincide.(to check this open a terminal and write there your password , see if it displays what you wrote)
Second is check that you don t have the caps activated so you are writting this AZX instead of this  azx

If those 2 things fail, then I don't know why you can not match the password login
Reply View the author
jerobero500
deepin
2017-08-14 06:31
iv tried running from a live ubuntu cd and chroot in to the system and changing the root and user password but it still dosent let me log in. and the recovery console dosent stay open long enough to let me type passwd in it
Reply View the author
deepinwang
deepin
2017-08-14 06:51
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/144126
iv tried running from a live ubuntu cd and chroot in to the system and changing the root and user pa ...

Recovery console is not stable at the moment, so avoid to use it.
Try to switch to TTY and hit some keys (e.g. those giving your password) to see if your keyboard layout is correct.
If you would like to use Live system, please try a deepin Live, no a Ubuntu one. You can remove the  kernel parameter "livecd-installer" displayed in the GRUB loader to do so.
Reply View the author
jerobero500
deepin
2017-08-14 07:01
ok thanks i can log in on the tty2 . so keyboard must be correct. will try to remove livecd-installer from grub loader.
Reply View the author
jerobero500
deepin
2017-08-14 07:03
i do see this at every boot now failed to load kernel module
Reply View the author
imnotglenndanzig
deepin
2017-08-14 15:56
Before I go ape shit and before I start a new thread maybe some here can help........Deepin is asking me for a password. I've never used one. Been using deepin 15.3 since Sept. I've never locked it .......wtf ...I just transferred 400 gigs of data for my server upload tomorrow ..
Reply View the author
imnotglenndanzig
deepin
2017-08-14 15:59
WellI have no clue what that was about but I restarted (again) and it logged me right in ...That was odd to say the least...Ok back on point ...I have some questions about the new release I will start a thread...Sorry for being E-tarded ...
Reply View the author