Hi everyone. New to the forum but not new to Deepin... Questions about new re...
Tofloor
poster avatar
imnotglenndanzig
deepin
2017-08-14 16:12
Author
So i'm hearing very mixed reviews about the new release. I'm currenlty still running 15.3. Should I upgrade ? I've read a few users of previous releases switch distros all together because of how poorly 15.4 has performed. Just some clarity and the whole truth and nothing but the truth please. Thanks in advnace.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jingle
deepin
2017-08-14 16:38
Excuse me

very mixed reviews?

We've improved a lot and the interface has changed much better.
Reply View the author
Comments
versee
2017-10-04 05:26
反正我升的时候多了个自动注销的毛病,我同学升的时候也是。后来我们都全新安装了一遍才好了。
imnotglenndanzig
deepin
2017-08-14 17:36
Maybe I should have worded it better. I've heard mostly positive things about the new release but the negative reviews were really negative. Not just little problems. I know you guys take pride in doing awesome work and I didn't mean to piss on any ones shoes. I was just wondering if any more known issues still exist. Thanks for the reply. After trying many distros over the past few years when I found Deepin I fell in love. Elem OS, Zorin, Mint, Ubuntuu, Kubuntuu, Xbuntuu just didn't "get me" like Deepin did from day 1. I wouldn't switch unless I had too but the over seas server I'll be adjusting too runs Centos i believe. It makes sense to run the same based distro at home no ? Thanks so much and i commend you al for the amount of work that goes into maintaining a stabled distro. All the best
Reply View the author
bobo
deepin
2017-08-14 17:51
本帖最后由 bobo 于 2017-8-14 09:54 编辑
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/144147
Maybe I should have worded it better. I've heard mostly positive things about the new release but th ...

To my knowledge, there is no major problem with Deepin 15.4.1. However, Deepin changed the design of the control center. I guess that might be the reason why some people don't like it.
Maybe you could list the issues so that we could tell whether they are fixed or not?
Reply View the author
imnotglenndanzig
deepin
2017-10-04 02:53
Sorry for the late reply. Been busy and I've actually been distro hopping for three weeks straight. Now that I got that out of my system I'm going to install deepin back on my desktop. I never would a have taken 15.3 off if it wasn't for it locking my out. ...out of no where I might add..If this install goes well I'll eventually install it on mu laptop as well. l have 4 machines running Linux right now only one left running Windows. Soon I'll be Windows free for good lolol. Going to keep playing around with Peppermint, Pop! and PinguyOS. Three of the better distros I found suits me but still none stand out as a day to day OS. Thanks for the reply. If I have any an major issues hopefully It's ok to bring  them here. God I wish I had of known this place existed a year ago. LOL..Take care   

With regards Vern                  

Reply View the author