Multimonitor setup
Tofloor
poster avatar
joachimwolff
deepin
2017-08-20 02:19
Author
Dear deepin-community,

I have the following setup: A ThinkPad with some Skylake based CPU which is used with a docking station and two external monitors. I have the following issues:

1. I cannot deactivate the build-in monitor of the Notebook if its in the docking station. At least I did not found any config to do so and to use only the two external monitors.
2. If all three monitors are used, there is no 'right-click' menu on the desktop and no other way to change e.g. the desktop wallpaper or to redefine the active edges. When I get out the notebook of the docking station this behavior continues, after a restart (one monitor, no docking station) the right-click menu is working.
3. If I connect the notebook with the docking station and its running, it does not recognize the external monitors, but the other hardware which is connected to the docking station is recognized.

Maybe someone of you can help me Thanks a lot!

Best,

Joachim
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
chuntaojun
deepin
2017-08-20 06:06
I'll ask you for help https://bbs.deepin.org/user/48640
Reply View the author
xolotl
deepin
2017-08-29 20:29
I also believe there are still multi monitor issues throughout Deepin. Its a pity they don't plan to support Wayland.
Reply View the author
joachimwolff
deepin
2017-09-09 02:47
I installed deepin on my desktop pc with a Nvidia 1070 and two monitors. The multimonitor setup is working fine.
Reply View the author