2017-09-03 21:19
Author
How do I enable such a function?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-04 01:01
sudo apt install kshutdown or search for it on Deepin Store. sudo apt install gnome-pie will help too.
Reply View the author
tset-noitamotua
deepin
2017-10-24 06:23
Hi, thanks for suggesting KShutdown. Looks promising. But it does not offer an event like "close lid" or "lid closed".  There is the option "when selected aplication exits". Any idea which application exits when a notebook's lid is closed?
Reply View the author
tset-noitamotua
deepin
2017-10-24 07:36
KShutdown seems not to work properly on Deepin. It tries to shot down but after 1 or 2 seconds I am boack on my lock screen
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-10-24 12:44
Strange to say it works perfectly for me, I can even suspend or hibernate with keyboard buttons or the case ones.
I've made some research anyways. To hibernate you need to have a swap partition of the same memory (or at least 50% of what your ram has), use Gparted to see if you have swap and create one if you don't have it.
Check your BIOS too, if it has a "enable or disable sleep mode", even some of them has things like "sleep by keyboard, power on by keyboard or mouse, etc".
There is a command to hibernate too... systemctl hibernate but, you need swap, and as I see, Deepin doesn't create a swap partition when installed, only the system and grub one.
Reply View the author
pludimas
deepin
2017-11-05 11:33
How I automatically go to hibernate my notebook when the battery at 7%?
Reply View the author
melodyzou
deepin
2017-11-08 01:32
Execute command "systemctl hibernate" in terminal.
Reply View the author
pludimas
deepin
2017-11-08 10:22
systemctl hibernate switch me to login screen. sudo pm-hibernate and sudo s2disk work fine. I dont need to hibernate manually. I need go to hibernate automaticaly at battery critical level, like in Windows. This is dont work in Deepin. I cant enable hibernation menu in "turn off" turnoff interface.
Reply View the author
meda
deepin
2017-11-08 12:45
Edited by meda at 2017-11-8 04:47

me to I use hibernate most of all I dont shutdown system couple days, it must be better hibernate on power.  Beside I dont use swap partition because There are 16 GB RAM

1. sudo systemctl hibernate
  2. Failed to hibernate system via logind: Sleep verb not supported
Copy the Code

I guess Elementary OS support hibernate on th RAM
Reply View the author
torquenstain
deepin
2017-12-17 13:22
I was able to just make hibernation work on my laptop like this:

1) created swap partition
2) run
  1. sudo fdisk -l
Copy the Code
to check swap partition (which was /dev/nvme0n1p5 in my case)
3) open /etc/default/grub
4) find GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT= line - these are the option added to the regular boot menu choices
5) add the resume=/dev/sda6 option to the list (with correct swap partition path) like this:
Before:
  1. GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="splash quiet nouveau.modeset=0"
Copy the Code

After:
  1. GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="splash quiet nouveau.modeset=0 resume=/dev/nvme0n1p5"
Copy the Code

6) save file
7) run
  1. sudo update-grub2
Copy the Code

and that's it!

now I can hibernate Deepin by the
  1. systemctl hibernate
Copy the Code
command

I hope someone will find this helpful
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-12-18 06:13
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/145013
me to I use hibernate most of all I dont shutdown system couple days, it must be better hibernate on ...

If you installed Elementary without doing a modified installation, it automatically creates a swap partition. Check it using Gparted.
Reply View the author
meda
deepin
2017-12-18 08:11
I dont remember this may be you are right https://bbs.deepin.org/user/88189
Reply View the author
s***3@gmail.com
deepin
2017-12-19 17:21
Edited by sarojpoudel33 at 2017-12-19 09:34

Deepin Will Automatically Suspend all programe while it reach 5% battery.  There is no option for Hibernate in Deepin so you can Save Battery While Inactivity. Go To Power management and make 1 min for  Monitor will suspend after 1 Minute.         -  From Nepal

Reply View the author
pludimas
deepin
2017-12-21 03:56
Hibernation is BIG problem in all linux distribution. If I not plug AC cable at critical battery level, Deepin (and other) simply turnoff pc with data lost.
I can hybernate OS manually, but i dont know how hibernate system automatically at 5% battery level for example. May be developers fix this or enable hibernation settings.
Reply View the author