DISABLE SUBWOOFER
Tofloor
poster avatar
amaan75
deepin
2017-09-04 01:30
Author
hello Deepin community,
I am a linux newbie and just moved here from windows, in windows i used to disable the driver that integrates my speaker and subwoofer into 1 setup and from there i was able to disable my subwoofer of the laptop but i dont know how to do the same in deepin
any asistance would be helpful.
Thanks in advance
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-04 01:59
Edited by oscararg at 2017-9-3 07:03

Search for PulseAudio on Deepin Store or open terminal and type sudo apt install pavucontrol, a sound management app that can help you manage your audio devices, greetings.
Reply View the author
amaan75
deepin
2017-09-04 04:35
Edited by amaan75 at 2017-9-3 20:37
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/145020
Search for PulseAudio on Deepin Store or open terminal and type sudo apt install pavucontrol, a soun ...
@@oscararg thanks for replying so soon
i did search for it but it only shows internal speakers no explicit sub woofer control is given. i tried all audio profiles but nothing worked.
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-04 07:37
Which edition is your laptop? And, about the speakers, do you know which drivers they use in Windows? Can you tell me which are?
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-04 07:46
sudo apt install alsa-tools-gui this one simply cannot fail, after installing you'll see several mini-apps in video section, the one you want to check is HDAJackRetask, then chek "unconnected pins option", you must see all your speakers, pins, and everything you have on your laptop related to audio.
Reply View the author
amaan75
deepin
2017-09-04 08:11
sudo apt install alsa-tools-gui this one simply cannot fail, after installing you'll see several min ...

I am sorry i think i was unable to explain it you properly, the subwoofer is internal my laptop has 3 speakers 2 in front and 1 down for bass i think.
the laptop is Samsung np550p5c-s03in
the driver that i used for a windows Realtek Driver , installs by default on windows 10i dont have to use any pins to connect it to my laptop
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-04 17:20
ALSA GUI identifies every device you have, internal or external, it must identify your speakers for separate, for example, ALSA not only identifies my Nvidia GPU hdmi audio pin, it identifies 7 hdmi audio pin (virtual ones), to have independient configurations from analogic to 7.1... Same does with motherboard internal connectors, your speakers are internal, but even with that, they are connected to the motherboard, so they must be detected with ALSA gui, when you find them (or one of them, maybe it will identify your speakers like one and only device), enable override and check which settings offer it for you. If this doesn't offer these separate options, then search the correct driver name of your Realtek driver, and search for the Linux version of it. Or tell me the specific number and I'll search for the correct version for you.
Reply View the author
amaan75
deepin
2017-10-15 06:25
Edited by amaan75 at 2017-10-14 22:39
ALSA GUI identifies every device you have, internal or external, it must identify your speakers for  ...

hello oscar  thanks for the reply but i tried and ton and couldn't get anything to work. do you mind teamviewing me and doing it for me?
Like a said i am a super linux newbie and the documentation on ALSA just didnt help
Thanks in advance

Hey oscar i gave it a try today and thanks it was really easy and it worked like a charm it was actually very easy thanks thanks a lot man
I owe you big time
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-10-15 18:59
No problem, glad to read that you solved the problem
Reply View the author