2017-09-20 09:59
Author
How to install deepin on macbook?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-20 14:03
I assume you have only one disk on your macbook, if that affirmation is correct, https://gparted.org/download.php download GParted, an application that you download as an ISO and then use to create a bootable on an empty pendrive.
After doing that, boot the macbook with it, run the pendrive as a bootable, and create a partition of your disk, in ext4 format and with "boot" flag enabled (be cautious to not destroy your Mac system partition, only make it smaller to create the new partition for Deepin, add to Deepin as many GB you want, 15-30GB are sufficient). Then restart the mac and go back to Mac system.
Download the Deepin ISO, and create a bootable on the same pendrive (formatted of course), reboot and run it. You'll see that Deepin can now be installed alongside MacOS because of the new partition. Greetings!
Reply View the author
melodyzou
deepin
2017-09-21 23:13
Translated from
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/133665

1. Firstly,  prepare 10g ssd hard disk partition in the macOS, restart, hold on c-r to enter  recovery mode of mac computer
2. In the recovery mode, execute the command in terminal to disable sip of macos, and restart, then hold on c-r again to enter recovery mode ("how to disable sip" you can refer to refind official website installation instructions document)
3. In the recovery mode, execute the command in terminal to install refind (pre-downloaded to the macos hard disk partition). Enable sip when the installation is completed and then restart. Connect deepin  installation u disk (official website has win / macOS / linux installation u disk Production tool), to enter into the installation mode
4. Select deepin u disk start, set out to install in the 10g partition. Restart when the progress of the installation pages finish and then pull out the installation u disk
5. Choose to boot in linux, automatically find linux boot partition, boot into deepin linux according to guidance.

Please see if it works.(do not know your device model)
Reply View the author
eharvey
deepin
2018-07-02 15:22
So far nothing has worked for me to get Deepin to run on the Macbook.
Have made the bootable usb, have the iso on the bootable. It acts like it's installing.
We go through the whole process and says it installed successfully.
I reboot and take out the pendrive and all it does is sit there on the word Deepin.
I have also went to safe mode on the pen drive and it works perfectly there. Even tried to install from there and it refuses.
Made a new bootable and once again it installed but still no desktop.
At this point I am now reinstalling it again over the same hard disk space to see if it will now take. Any suggestions.
Oh and we already removed mac osx. So we could partition from a clean drive.
Wanted this os bad but now I am rethinking it after 3 days.
Reply View the author