Wifi signal issue
Tofloor
poster avatar
mandep
deepin
2017-09-23 08:16
Author
Hi, I have just installed latest deepin OS. Everything is fine but I have a big issue with the wifi signal strenth. As compare to Windows 10 OS, I am getting half wifi signals even when I am just sitting next to the wi-fi router. Can anyone help me with any solution
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-23 14:50
It shows low signal to me too but my connection speed is even better on any Linux distro (and it shows low on any Linux distro), than on Windows, besides that (I think thats only a graphic problem), if your connection works bad, identify which is your wifi device, and then which drivers that device use... Probably an ugly Realtek one. Use WikiDevi page to search drivers, all free and open source.
Reply View the author
mandep
deepin
2017-09-24 14:34
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/145901
It shows low signal to me too but my connection speed is even better on any Linux distro (and it sho ...

thank you. I will give it a try. I tried to download VLC from deepin store but speed was just 127 KBPS. I have 25MBPS plan.
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-25 10:51
Thats probably a mirror problem, run a test of available mirrors at control panel, then select the one (when the test ends) that appears on top of list. And, even if deepin store exists, is more better and cleaner to install apps on terminal, running sudo apt install *name of app*.
Reply View the author