Deepin only boots without videocard
Tofloor
poster avatar
farofa0
deepin
2017-10-04 19:29
Author
I managed to install deepin by removing my video card (amd R9 290). But now I need to install an amd driver, or I cannot boot with the R9. I spended all day trying to install some driver, but I didn't found one that is compatible with deepin. If anyone can help me, I'll be in eternally grateful.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
nicholas_01
deepin
2017-10-07 04:07
I had a similar problem with my nvidia card..... I solved it without remove the card froma the system in taht way:
1- As soon as you have on the screen "install deepin" (or somethin like that) select it and press "e". Afert that ollk for the string "quiet splash ---" and add the string "nomodeset". The result should be: "quiet splash nomodeset ----". now press th "F10" key to start thsetup process...
As soon as you have installed SO type on the Terminal "gksudo gedit /etc/default/grub" to permanently modify the boot to avoid further problems adding the nomodeset after quiet splash as you  did during the setup process. That string make the SO start by general video drivers.....
At the and of the process type on the Terminal "sudo update-grub". Don't forget to install the your drivers card too.. Maybe lookup in internet how to install and download drivers for a Debian SO like deeepin.. For example: https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-amdgpu-drivers-on-debian-9-stretch-linuxan ... Deepin project is quite new but strong! Don't be afraid to fight for it! :-)
Reply View the author