Deepin Store Last update application problem
Tofloor
poster avatar
ercell
deepin
2017-10-15 12:03
Author
Most applications have recent updates. How can we deal with this faster? We download and update it in the main center. Is it possible for the Deepin Store to connect to the main application ftpse and do this update itself?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

大多数应用程序最近有更新 我们如何更快地处理这个问题? 我们在主要中心下载并更新。 Deepin Store可以连接到主应用程序ftpse并执行此更新?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2017-10-15 19:09
Probably, but I see this problem on every Debian based distro (Ubuntu, etc), Linux based systems rely too much on repositories and stores. Windows as difference... Almost every app updates for itself... I don't know if its better or not. Simply different, you have an always updated app but you have to search and install things for yourself. Windows 10 has its own app store. And this one is nearly as buggy an abandoned than Ubuntu one. So I think the problem is the idea to put everything in one store... But... Here comes Android's play store, full of apps and without bugs. All updated by their devs. So, it can be well done for sure.
I like Deepin store idea, even more that you can even see their store here on Deppin page. But yes, so many apps are outdated. And one simply ends installing everything with terminal and adding ppas and things like those. Like on Ubuntu, Debian, etc, etc, etc.
Arch Linux has their big, really big AUR repositories, but many apps installs are buggy. So besides Play Store, I don't find any really succesful apps store there. Anyways, Deppin is young and will improve for sure. Greetings.
Reply View the author
nipos
deepin
2017-10-16 00:24
There are much more good appstores.
The Apple Store and the Blackberry Appworld work great,too.
But I think that doesn't help anything with linux.
You can use Launchpad PPAs on Deepin.
You only need to install two apps to use them but I can't remember their names :/
Launchpad has very many apps and I think they are uploaded and updated there by their creators.
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-10-16 07:29
sudo apt install software-properties-gtk to use PPAs. The only problem with PPAs (here, on Debian too). Are that most of them offer apps for Ubuntu distros, so several of them will refuse to update and even install an app in Deepin. And, not all Ubuntu apps work on Deepin/Debian, try installing Xenial ones, but not all will work, as I said. There are another options to install apps like App Images, Flatpak, etc.
Reply View the author
打击越
deepin
2017-10-16 18:19
I think Deepin store should give a button beside the install button, when the app has a new version, users can click the button to notice Deepin developers to upgrade it.
Reply View the author
hardy
deepin
2017-10-17 09:40
Edited by hardy at 2017-10-17 01:56
imever replied at 2017-10-16 10:19
I think Deepin store should give a button beside the install button, when the app has a new version, ...

+1 of course.

Deepin is using unstable packages, but the applications on the market are old versions. It's annoying.
Reply View the author
ercell
deepin
2017-10-17 13:27
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/146726
+1 of course.

Deepin is using unstable packages, but the applications on the market are old versi ...

I agree with you
Reply View the author
melodyzou
deepin
2017-10-17 19:21
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/146726
I think Deepin store should give a button beside the install button, when the app has a new version, ...

There will be this feature the next version of Deepin appstore.
Reply View the author
hardy
deepin
2017-10-18 05:33
melodyzou replied at 2017-10-17 11:21
There will be this feature the next version of Deepin appstore.

Glad news.
Reply View the author