How to install the newest NVidia drivers
Tofloor
poster avatar
nicholas_01
deepin
2017-10-25 05:30
Author
I've installed Deepin 15.4.1 Desktop and, after a struggle during the setup process (I had to add the "nomodeset" string after pressing "e" at the beginning of the setup process, in order to avoid the black screen and, as soon as i was in, I had to add too the same string in /etc/default/grub to fix permanently the problem), I faced another problem as I tryied to install the newest N-vidia drivers.
I own a Ge Force 970 GTX, not the last Nvidia product, but surely a good one.... So I'd like to install the 384,90 (or newer driver version) instead of the 375 available in Deepin.
I'm from Ubuntu Gnome where to do that is very easy due to the dedicated PPA's and repository, now no more available in Deepin. I've tryied to install them rom the .run file turning off the X server.. but without any result beyond an error feedback.... (...speaking of it is possible to do that?)
My question is, considering how Deepin is, graphically speaking, so beautiful and maybe heavier (and definitely better too) than others distros, it's possible to implement a service, like Ubuntu for example, for the Nvidia drivers? I'm not criticising the wonderful work you did (creating a new SO from Debian without the Ubuntu slavery), I'm only asking something better for a distro that have, inside itself, the real the seed and the ability, in my opinion, to ''erase'' (in the future) the Windows kingdom in SOHO computers. Best regards....
Operating system :deepin 15.4.1
Desktop environment :dde
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
passingby
deepin
2017-10-25 06:40
http://www.nvidia.cn/Download/index.aspx?lang=en
download linux driver
contl alt F1
systemctl stop lightdm
chmod +x
./
Reply View the author
nicholas_01
deepin
2017-11-14 07:03
Thank you for your help! As soon as I can I try to do it!
Reply View the author