Updated Kernel and MESA for AMD, is that possible on Deepin?
Tofloor
poster avatar
yro
deepin
2017-11-14 17:55
Author
Thats all. Updated Kernel and MESA for AMD, is that possible on Deepin?

I would like to move to Deepin but my AMD hardwares need updates MESA stack and latest Kernel.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jiuxian
deepin
2017-11-14 19:52
Maybe after 15.5
Reply View the author
yro
deepin
2017-11-15 09:34
I have the feeling that no one at deepin dev team cares about it.. its sad. hope that somebody cod DDE to work with latest ubuntu atleast, so I can use it in my amd machine.

amd a8-7600 + 8gb ddr3 1600mhz + 1 tera hdd (it needs latest mesa to have my gpu working good).
Reply View the author
melodyzou
deepin
2017-11-15 22:32
Are you able to install deepin?
What is the detailed info of your device? Your hardware?
Reply View the author
nipos
deepin
2017-11-16 06:39
You can update your kernel with this command:
sudo apt-get install ukuu
That will install an Ubuntu kernel which is more recent than Deepins kernel.
For the Mesa thing I don't know any solution.
Reply View the author
yro
deepin
2017-11-18 07:38
my config is:

AMD A8-7600 (GPU R7 integrated in the APU itself)
8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD 1 Tera Seagate

I need latest MESA drivers for this APU. Lots of users are running AMD GPUs and we all need latest MESA drivers, otherwise we will be forced to drop Deepin as its based on Debian. Debian is too outdated on behaf of mesa and kernel stacks.

I hope Deepin could atleast consider having an repository for latest mesa drivers and latest LTS kernels too. That would be the last thing to make Deeping perfect.

Meanwhile Im running Ubuntu 17.10 with Deepin DE 15.5 on it and its running great. Latest MESA from Padokas PPA and latest LTS Kernel from source (compiled by me).

Could Deepin back to be based on Ubuntu? Or, atleast, consider add an effort to bring latest mesa stack and kernel (the lts is fine)?
Reply View the author
yro
deepin
2017-11-18 07:40
it would be good too to have an clock applet on deepin panel so we can click on the clock and it shows an applet with clock, date, etc. Just backport the one that is default on KDE, or use the default with your theme and adjustments.
Reply View the author
yro
deepin
2017-11-25 19:25
no respondes... thats just great deepin guys.. just great..
Reply View the author