Enter wrong password at login
Tofloor
poster avatar
edson1967
deepin
2020-11-23 09:28
Author

Hello Deepin Team / UOS V20 1003

Upon entering the rest screen and perhaps entering the wrong password for a number of reasons, the screen simply locks up and does not return with the information that the password is wrong. The situation remains for a long time without being able to enter the correct password again.

Could the login screen just inform you that the password is wrong and simply let the user enter the correct password?

Below is a mp4 image of the login screen problem showing that I am using Deepin V20, so as not to generate absurd questions.

Note: Temporary solution is to enter TTy2 mode and enter "name and password" to unlock this situation so that we can then return to the login 

screen again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hP8pcrt5Gg&feature=youtu.be

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
忘记、过去
2020-11-23 19:32

Normally, if you enter the wrong password, the screen will show you a message "Wrong Password" at the left corner of password input area, and allow you to enter password again. Everything works fine on my laptop.

Someone said that this bug happens on other distro using older versions DDE like Arch. I don't know if it is fixed.

But in 1003 Official release, there is a bug that after you login normally, if you run "dde-lock" in terminal manually, you can't login again even if you enter the correct password. It just stuck at authenticate animation and nothing happens. And this bug is fixed in 1003 Update1 test, you can try that.

Reply View the author
edson1967
deepin
2020-11-24 05:05
忘记、过去

Normally, if you enter the wrong password, the screen will show you a message "Wrong Password" at the left corner of password input area, and allow you to enter password again. Everything works fine on my laptop.

Someone said that this bug happens on other distro using older versions DDE like Arch. I don't know if it is fixed.

But in 1003 Official release, there is a bug that after you login normally, if you run "dde-lock" in terminal manually, you can't login again even if you enter the correct password. It just stuck at authenticate animation and nothing happens. And this bug is fixed in 1003 Update1 test, you can try that.

Hi

Unfortunately here it does not work, as can be seen in the video presented. So the problem exists and needs to be investigated and resolved. It is not because there is no problem with your laptop that there is no problem with other users. The Video proves that there is a problem and the various reports already sent as well. I inform you that my version is the recent Deepin V20 1003. The patch for fixing the dde-dock was even downloaded here. After that there were no more updates, at least here.

Yes, there are several problems with dde-dock and dde-start in old and new versions, as can be seen here in some examples:
https://github.com/linuxdeepin/dde-dock/issues/325
https://github.com/linuxdeepin/dde-dock/issues/327
https://github.com/linuxdeepin/startdde/issues/85
https://github.com/linuxdeepin/startdde/issues/82

Editado as 13:58h do Brasil

Mais um exemplo:

https://github.com/UbuntuDDE/bugs/issues/52

I follow the forum daily here and I haven't officially received the Deepin V20 1003 update 1, via updates. I will only download it when it is officially released to the public. In fact, in this version V20 1003 did not install deepin-defender, deepin-security-center and deepin-recovery does not exist gui and much less appears in the control center. I have already made several comments about it, but always without conclusive answers.

Edited:

nov 23 09:01:09 edson-PC6450br lightdm[5719]: pam_deepin_authentication(lightdm:auth): Cannot get original tty attributes: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Reply View the author
忘记、过去
2020-11-24 08:13

https://bbs.deepin.org/post/206380

You can add unstable repo manually and try 1003 Update1, see if this bug is fixed in newer version.

I don't know much about deepin-defender and deepin-security-center.

About deepin-recovery, according to Official announcement, only works when you install Deepin with full-disk installation (I don't know what it is called in English...... But it won't work if you install Deepin with manual partitioning. ) If you need this function, you should reinstall Deepin or use third-party apps like TimeShift instead.

Reply View the author
edson1967
deepin
2020-11-24 09:50
忘记、过去

https://bbs.deepin.org/post/206380

You can add unstable repo manually and try 1003 Update1, see if this bug is fixed in newer version.

I don't know much about deepin-defender and deepin-security-center.

About deepin-recovery, according to Official announcement, only works when you install Deepin with full-disk installation (I don't know what it is called in English...... But it won't work if you install Deepin with manual partitioning. ) If you need this function, you should reinstall Deepin or use third-party apps like TimeShift instead.

Hi

As I said in the post above, I will wait for the release of the new version and, if the problem persists I will report it again, OK?

So we'll have to wait for those who know, shall we? Because when I formatted the HD and reinstalled the Deepin V20 1002 again and then upgraded to version 1003, in no time, none of these options could be obtained, being the deepin-defender and deepin-security-center.
Note: In the beta version I used previously it worked both, but it blocked automatic updates from deepin-defender. Just look at my previous posts and you'll be sure of what I'm saying.

If you look, you will see that I dedicated an entire hard drive to the Deepin V20 1003 and even then, the distribution options are denied to me by default. It seems that Deepin V20 acts by location and not by usability. Who knows, at some point, they will change this concept. Note: All options were suggested by the Deepin V20 installer at the time of installation and I did not change any of them. Therefore, there is another error in this situation.

The image below confirms the above:

Reply View the author
juteman
deepin
2020-11-24 17:12
edson1967

Hi

As I said in the post above, I will wait for the release of the new version and, if the problem persists I will report it again, OK?

So we'll have to wait for those who know, shall we? Because when I formatted the HD and reinstalled the Deepin V20 1002 again and then upgraded to version 1003, in no time, none of these options could be obtained, being the deepin-defender and deepin-security-center.
Note: In the beta version I used previously it worked both, but it blocked automatic updates from deepin-defender. Just look at my previous posts and you'll be sure of what I'm saying.

If you look, you will see that I dedicated an entire hard drive to the Deepin V20 1003 and even then, the distribution options are denied to me by default. It seems that Deepin V20 acts by location and not by usability. Who knows, at some point, they will change this concept. Note: All options were suggested by the Deepin V20 installer at the time of installation and I did not change any of them. Therefore, there is another error in this situation.

The image below confirms the above:

Hello Edson,

I am pretty sure this is a bug. Now we find it may caused by pam config file. And we are dealing with this problem now.

Reply View the author
edson1967
deepin
2020-11-24 18:16
juteman

Hello Edson,

I am pretty sure this is a bug. Now we find it may caused by pam config file. And we are dealing with this problem now.

Hello @juteman

Thank you very much for your feedback

I hope they resolve all of this promptly (!)
The Deepin V20 is beautiful and just needs attention and a lot of tuning.

Reply View the author
da******94@gmail.com
deepin
2022-12-23 19:25
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.
catherineboyce
deepin
2023-05-22 23:06
t***7@gmail.com
deepin
2023-10-31 20:17