[Seek Help] Where's the grub!!!
Tofloor
poster avatar
c***b@daleybortolon.com.br
deepin
2021-12-13 03:29
Author

After reinstalling windows 10, and then reinstalling deepin, the grub disappeared!!!!! The computer goes straight to windows! I have done this dozens of times with no problems. I don't know what I did wrong! Any help

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2021-12-13 03:40

Which way of boot you are using? UEFI or Legacy?

Reply View the author
deepin
2021-12-13 08:10
神末shenmo

Which way of boot you are using? UEFI or Legacy?

UEFI!

Reply View the author
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2021-12-13 15:59

UEFI!

Can you enter the EFI settings and check if the 'Windows boot manager' was at #1?

If so, adjust it to make deepin/uos the #1

If you cannot see deepin/uos and you are sure that you have already installed deepin correctly, well there is another plan to fix.

Boot the PC by an USB live and use boot-repair to fix. If that still didn't work ... I don't know any other solution.

Good luck for you

Reply View the author
Linux小白2019
deepin
2021-12-13 17:22

if you are using desktop PC, press del to enter setup, then set bootup sequence, slect the first boot device to be Deepin.

Reply View the author
sammy-621
deepin
2021-12-13 18:48

try this:

https://github.com/Inokinoki/QEFIEntryManager

Reply View the author
deepin
2021-12-17 13:03

Good Day!

I've installed Deepin in my son's computer and he is away with his mother! Today I got hold of him and we tried your solutions over skype. We set the boot to grub but the computer does not recognize it and boots windows instead. I've been installing and reinstalling Deepin over the years and this is the first time it's happened!

Next time my son's here with me, I'll download the iso from a different source and try again.

Thanks everybody for your advice!

Reply View the author
Chdslv
deepin
2021-12-19 05:39

Try function keys (Esc, F7, F8 F10, F12, Delete or some other) and choose your OS to boot.

Reply View the author