[Seek Help] Adding entrances to boot menu in deepin
Tofloor
poster avatar
le******ck@gmail.com
deepin
2021-12-26 11:08
Author

Hello.

I have deepin installed in a hard drive and Windows 10 installed in another hard drive. I am trying to detect the Windows 10 installation so I can choose in the boot menu between deepin and Windows 10 but I can not detect it with grub (says permission denied for sda and deepin is installed in sdc), and I have tried somother things with os-prober but i still can't find the way.

Could you help me, please?

Thanks a lot.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
正直笔尖
deepin
2021-12-26 16:39

装两块硬盘,两个系统容易出问题​

Reply View the author
funicorn
deepin
2021-12-26 18:13
sudo fdisk -l
cat /etc/default/grub

Add the output details.

Reply View the author
ylov35
deepin
2021-12-26 18:28

Hi le,

Sorry I'm new here and I guess it could be the issue of boot. I'd like to translate your post into Chinese so that more people may understand your question.

Also, there was a post about how to deal with installation issues, written in Chiness though. Here, 不管是先装Win10还是先装Deepin,启动问题轻松搞定- Community - Deepin Technology

层主有两块硬盘,分别装了win10 和 deepin, 但他无法用 grub 检测到deepin的盘,(提示sda 的许可被拒绝,而 deepin 安装在 sdc 中)。层主已经用 os-prober 等方法,但还没能解决。

Regards,

Reply View the author
HualetWang
deepin
2021-12-26 19:52

Maybe because windows fast boot cause the drive can't be mounted.

Reply View the author
Juiceee
deepin
2022-02-14 04:28

Adding solution despite being late so people with same issue in the future can refer here.

Install os-prober with sudo apt install os-prober.

Run sudo fdisk -l and note the boot partition. Now run lsblk and make sure the partition is mounted. It should be /boot/efi or /boot. If it is not mounted, mount it under /boot/efii.

Now run sudo nano /etc/default/grub and add the following line at the end in a new line:

GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false

Press Ctrl+O and Ctrl+X. Now run sudo update-grub. Now it should find your windows installation and add it to the entry. Nest time you boot, you should see an entry for Windows there.

Reply View the author