[Newbies] There are some things I'm curious about, I'd be glad if you could help.
Newbies 133 views · 2 replies
Tofloor
poster avatar
ye******ik@gmail.com
deepin
2022-01-07 18:05
Author

Greetings, I came from Windows to Linux world with deepin. I am trying to improve myself on linux. I have some troubles and I hope you can help.

My Laptop Specs:

• Honor Magicbook 15 -

Ryzen 5 3500u / 8gb Ram / Vega 8 Graphics

Realtek 8822ce Wifi

KXG60ZNV256G TOSHIBA 256GB SSD

Shenzen Goodix Fingerprint Reader

1 - First of all, Im wondering, has my fingerprint reader a driver?

2 - Are there things I can do to improve the performance of my processor and browsers?

3 - Wifi and bluetooth take a while to connect when the computer is turned on. I think maybe I would be better off if I could update my drivers. But I don't know how to do it.

4 - How can I improve the performance of Vega 8?

5 - Should I update the kernel version of the distribution? If I update it, what contribution will it make? Performance, features etc?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Loves from Turkey.

ReplyFavoriteView the author
All Replies
神末shenmo
2022-01-07 23:47

In other posts, someone posted similar questions.

Until now I haven't seen anyone found the driver of finger print module of any type of Honor laptop, I guess this device didn't have a Linux driver.

For Wifi and bluetooth, if you can use it well, you don't have to try to fix it. Not all devices can run well on Linux. However, upgrade your kernel may help as it can upgrade some of embegged drivers.

New kernel often brings performance improvement and security improvement, also with newer drivers. If you are using a very new laptop and there are performance problems, That maybe because some devices are not correctly installed because of lack of driver. If you are in this situation, upgrading kernel version might help.

However, upgrading kernel are not always useful and new version maybe have Compatibility problems. The original version of kernel will not be wiped and you can found it in the grub menu, so don't be worry

ReplyView the author
ye******ik@gmail.com
deepin
2022-01-08 12:47
神末shenmo

In other posts, someone posted similar questions.

Until now I haven't seen anyone found the driver of finger print module of any type of Honor laptop, I guess this device didn't have a Linux driver.

For Wifi and bluetooth, if you can use it well, you don't have to try to fix it. Not all devices can run well on Linux. However, upgrade your kernel may help as it can upgrade some of embegged drivers.

New kernel often brings performance improvement and security improvement, also with newer drivers. If you are using a very new laptop and there are performance problems, That maybe because some devices are not correctly installed because of lack of driver. If you are in this situation, upgrading kernel version might help.

However, upgrading kernel are not always useful and new version maybe have Compatibility problems. The original version of kernel will not be wiped and you can found it in the grub menu, so don't be worry

Thanks for your reply. you've been very helpful.

ReplyView the author
Use Markdown Editor