st******er@yahoo.com
deepin
2022-01-25 19:41
Author

User Feedback

Please input the detailed title of your suggestion or problem

Please input the detailed description of your suggestion or problem

Problem reproduce frequency

my feedback is to say that deepin is one of the most polished and robust versions of linux i have experemented with. so much is working i have virtually nothing to report as a problem. here is what works well:

1. overall install when flawlessly. no problems installing.
  2. screen and graphics look great. videos play well
  3. login screen is great and polished. had to click something in the settings and i cannot recall what that was, but ever since login page is not just a pretty text environment but grapical.
  4. wireless drivers work well. throughput is as fast as windows. connection speed seems a bit slow but it reconnects automaticallly without fail.
  5. bluetooth works and connects to both my mouse (which has been problematic not only for other linuxes but also windows) and my various headsets.
  6. sound works extremely well
  7. touchpad is excellent. fast and easy to use without any issues, as i have with many other linux systems. nothing more irritating than a bad touchpad driver or setting. best i have seen.
  8. i love the rounded corners and frosted look of taskbar and menu. prefer the smaller menu over the full screen menu. both are good.

if i were to mention anything issues of concern at all it would be:

1. incognito (chromium) web browser is not allowing me to load any extensions. it updated but cannot find any. i did click on a paid adblock that did install, and incognito recognized it (so i could and did remove it, as it was a paid application) but incognito does not recognize any extensions i can add. would like my old adblocker back again.
  2. i am running steam and when i installed in with my previous revision 20.3, steam would not complete startup, saying it was missing some libraries. when deepin updated to 20.4, it resolved this problem and it not only runs, but the experimental steam library that runs windows games in linux seems to be working - albeit somewhat slowly and it will eventually stop working or crash. however, it is the first install with steam that even allowed those apps to work in my experience.
  3. i cannot confirm what graphic driver is running. i have a ryzen7 laptop with a nvidia 350 chip as well. both should be pretty good (though neither is terribly powerful) but i cannot tell which is running my desktop environment and which is running my steam app.
  4. my wireless headset automatically enables the microphone so i hear myself talking through my headphones. i muted the settings of both the headset microphone and laptop microphone ( and it shows both muted in settings ) but i still her sounds picked up from the microphone.
  5. no wireless display. previous deepin installs i had at least tried to connect wirelessly. this is one of the features windows had that i have never been able to get linux to do.
  6. no settings for camera face recognition for login, as i can in windows.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2022-01-25 20:45
  1. Maybe you can try install 3rd-party browsers manually?
  2. Happy to know that you can use steam now. The previous problem may be caused by NVIDIA Drivers.
  3. There is a simple way. Type nvidia-smi to confirm if you are using Nvidia graphic card. You can also use screenfetch or radeontop to identify. If you didn't install these apps, use sudo apt install xxx
  4. Never met similar situation, sorry I can't help
  5. You can try Deskreen as an alternative. You can get the app from github or Spark Store(A community-maintained APP Store)
  6. This feature was exist in the 15.4 version while it was later removed. I've heard that there are some opensourced software that can recognize face to unlock. You can try them. I myself didn't used any of them, it's just a recommendation
Reply View the author