[Seek Help] Deepin 20.5 External monitor.
Tofloor
poster avatar
Vamp
deepin
2022-04-05 07:38
Author

Hello there,

I Use External monitor (Displayport) from my notebook.

My problem is that i set the External monitor to only one display, if i open and close the notebook cover, it will be black.

It only work, if i boot it with closed case and nevert open it...

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
andktan
deepin
2022-04-05 16:23

单显的路过,表示同情image.png

Reply View the author
Merlin
Super Moderator
Product Manager
2022-04-05 17:19

This question needs to be verified, and this question I think is unreasonable

Reply View the author
Vamp
deepin
2022-04-05 22:35
Merlin

This question needs to be verified, and this question I think is unreasonable

I make a short video, to show it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QikiCkNXO1hM8Wb3XF_sv3v0iVkaJePJ/view?usp=sharing

My monitor setting is: Show only external monitor.

My Energy settings is: If close the cover, do nothing (when connected to the power)

Reply View the author
Vamp
deepin
2022-04-06 02:29

It seems that not disable the screen, but it set 0 Brightness....

Plus info: if i logout and after close the lid, it works normally (not turning off external monitor). It also work, if i login again, but only until then i open and close the lid again....

Reply View the author
p***a@gmail.com
deepin
2022-05-04 01:44
Vamp

It seems that not disable the screen, but it set 0 Brightness....

Plus info: if i logout and after close the lid, it works normally (not turning off external monitor). It also work, if i login again, but only until then i open and close the lid again....

I confirm that this happens. My dual monitor set up was working fine on Deepin 20. After upgrade the behavior reported above started. If you open the lid of the laptop and close it the external monitor goes blank. I have tried changing power settings and also upgraded the kernel but the above behavior continues. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Reply View the author
da******on@gmail.com
deepin
2022-05-08 07:52

This exact behaviour is consistent, no matter which computer is used. I have installed deepin 20.05 on 5 differnt computers and the exact same thing happens on each of them. This is a clear bug in the system that needs to be fixed, additionally, this is very easy to be tested and to confirm the behaviour is consistent.

Any help toward fixing this, would be greatly appreciated.

Reply View the author
Vamp
deepin
2022-06-01 00:37

20.6 is fixed this problem!

But generate a other one... If the external monitor is connected the notebook, if i turn it on, eight times out of ten the boot process is stop after the deepin logo. Only the cursor blinking on the upper left side...

If i disconnect the external monitor, the Notebook start well every time.

Reply View the author