[Newbies] Can I install Deepin on Huawei Matebook D 15?
Tofloor
poster avatar
heavensword
deepin
2022-05-03 09:18
Author

I want to use Deepin as the main OS o the Huawei Matebook D 15. I don't have the laptop yet thinking of buying it. Will it work?

Specs:

HUAWEI

MateBook D 15 Laptop - Windows 11, 15.6'' 1080P Eye Comfort FullView
Display, Intel Core 11th Gen i5-1135G7 CPU, Fingerprint Power Button,
Pop-up Web Camera, Wi-Fi 6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
漂泊的旅客
deepin
2022-05-14 17:54

Hi,

I think you can install Deepin os on huawei matebook D 15.

Before that, you need to prepare a u disk and change start-up disk via Deepin Boot Maker,you can find this from officical website.

2.Please download deepin os iso.file from official website and copy this file to this start-up disk.

3.Please insert your start-up disk and reboot your latop.and then choose the start boot from start-up disk from BIOS configuration.

Note:please backup your data,before you start to install deepin os

4.Follow the installation guide to install one by one step,once you reboot your laptop.

Good Luck

Reply View the author
heavensword
deepin
2022-05-15 17:55

Ok, so it was easier than I thought to install Deepin OS dual boot Windows 11. All I had to do was shrink some disk space, then used the Deepin installer to set that space to ext4 mount point /.

My next question is, the current version is Deepin 20.5. If I decide to install Deepin 20.6 later via USB stick over the 20.5 installation, can I still boot into Windows 11? Meaning the update won't touch the current boot menu?

Reply View the author
漂泊的旅客
deepin
2022-05-15 19:34
heavensword

Ok, so it was easier than I thought to install Deepin OS dual boot Windows 11. All I had to do was shrink some disk space, then used the Deepin installer to set that space to ext4 mount point /.

My next question is, the current version is Deepin 20.5. If I decide to install Deepin 20.6 later via USB stick over the 20.5 installation, can I still boot into Windows 11? Meaning the update won't touch the current boot menu?

Dear Friend

Don't worry,you can install deepin os and windows on the same disk,I mean the update will touch windows os.Before do this,please check online installation guide.

Here is online installation guide link:

https://xpertstec.com/how-to-run-dual-boot-deepin-linux-and-windows-11/#:~:text=Install%20Deepin%20Linux%20alongside%20Windows%20Once%20you%20created,with%20kernel%205.10%20Desktop%20and%20then%20press%20Enter.

Good Luck,Friend.

Reply View the author