[Seek Help] What packages can I remove to remove the GUI without breaking the OS?
Tofloor
poster avatar
sweylyn1
deepin
2022-05-16 09:53
Author

Hi all,

I'd like to use Deepin 20.5 as a home server, without asting space and resources with running the GUI. I just don't know what packages I can remove without breaking the core system.

I wanted to use Ubuntu Server Edition, but it refused to boot after I installed it to USB, so I tried Deepin, which worked.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
callcz
deepin
2022-05-16 13:16

Debian 10 without installed desktop environment as the same as Deepin without DDE. but in the Debian's installation wizard you can choose not install any desktop environment. that more safety and stable than Deepin with a removed dde.

I remember in the old version of Deepin the package name is "dde" ,remove it, then use apt autoremove to remove the rest packages.

Reply View the author
sweylyn1
deepin
2022-05-16 17:41
callcz

Debian 10 without installed desktop environment as the same as Deepin without DDE. but in the Debian's installation wizard you can choose not install any desktop environment. that more safety and stable than Deepin with a removed dde.

I remember in the old version of Deepin the package name is "dde" ,remove it, then use apt autoremove to remove the rest packages.

I'll try that. Thanks!

Reply View the author
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2022-05-16 18:34

apt remove dde* deepin*

apt autopurge

Maybe useful

Reply View the author