[Kernel/Drive] Kernel verison
Tofloor
poster avatar
Sa******HE@gmail.com
deepin
2022-05-23 21:39
Author

Hello Guys, It's been a good trip with ya using Deepin 20.5 till the moment, I found that It's too late to be still using the old Kernel version 5.10... While Ubuntu 22.04 is already with 5.15 which supports many features.

In my case using the latest Intel GPUs "INTEL Iris Xe Graphics" which is not supported in this Kernel v. I'll choose to move to another Distro which provides the latests Kernel versions, to use the best of my PC. So I guess It's a goobye message, untill I get the info about upgrading this Distro... see ya.

While mentionning the points to work on, in that distro, let me add:

The thick title bar in 20.5 deepin looks horrible

the App strore that keeps Freezing or takes lot of time to download an app

I wish you ameliorate this soon to make of it a Welcoming Distro

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2022-05-23 22:28

Select advance option when instaling. It offer 5.15 kernel too

Reply View the author
simonsaysthis
deepin
2022-05-26 09:35

Hi there. You can easily boot with 5.15 in Deepin because it is preinstalled.

It works fine for me using one of the latest AMD APUs. The only limitation is that the Mesa version in Deepin is very old. You definitely won't be able to get the most out of your iGPU.

Reply View the author
Sa******HE@gmail.com
deepin
2022-05-28 11:50
simonsaysthis

Hi there. You can easily boot with 5.15 in Deepin because it is preinstalled.

It works fine for me using one of the latest AMD APUs. The only limitation is that the Mesa version in Deepin is very old. You definitely won't be able to get the most out of your iGPU.

I tried to install it, but It says failed, a file is missed !!! the iso was downloaded from Deepin website

Reply View the author