[Newbies] Fresh install problem (only wired connection)
Tofloor
poster avatar
agokk
deepin
2022-06-07 09:43
Author

Screenshot_20220607013904.png

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
heavensword
deepin
2022-06-08 08:25

I've got Huawei Matebook D 15 2021 edition. My wifi works fine. Everything works fine except no sound. Can still listen to sound via BlueTooth but no sound coming from laptop speakers. Mind you I installed Deepin 20.5 from scratch then upgraded to 20.6 thru the OS.

BTW, Deepin/UnionTech isn't Microsoft. They don't have the resources to include drivers for every WiFi card out there. What you can do is purchase a cheap $3 USD WiFi USB dongle on eBay. Doesn't matter which seller you pick, they all come with the same generic MediaTek chip. Because the chipset is so generic and widespread, most software companies are likely to support it!

Reply View the author
agokk
deepin
2022-06-08 11:23
heavensword

I've got Huawei Matebook D 15 2021 edition. My wifi works fine. Everything works fine except no sound. Can still listen to sound via BlueTooth but no sound coming from laptop speakers. Mind you I installed Deepin 20.5 from scratch then upgraded to 20.6 thru the OS.

BTW, Deepin/UnionTech isn't Microsoft. They don't have the resources to include drivers for every WiFi card out there. What you can do is purchase a cheap $3 USD WiFi USB dongle on eBay. Doesn't matter which seller you pick, they all come with the same generic MediaTek chip. Because the chipset is so generic and widespread, most software companies are likely to support it!

So what should I do?

Reply View the author