[Newbies] Deepin OS 20.7.1 screwed up NVIDIA
Tofloor
poster avatar
robertsala
deepin
2022-10-18 19:58
Author

Hi,

I upgraded to Deepin OS 20.7.1 and when I reach the desktop, the dock disappears, then appears and I get a message that the dock is in safe mode. Beneath this message, I get annother one saying NVIDIA X driver not detected, suggest installing nvidia-driver first.

I believe I read that the new version came with NVIDIA fixes. My laptop is a Lenovo and has AMD Ryzen 9 6000 series, AMD Radeon graphics and NVIDIA GEOFORCE RTX Studio.

I have 6.0.2-x64v2-xanmod1 installed since this fixed my keyboard that was not working until this kernel version was available. Please help since I want to fix the message error and the dock is missing on the far right, the clock, the power button, etc

Thank you!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
babyfengfjx
Super Moderator
CQA
2022-10-18 22:39

Dock disappeared and the problem of safe mode, most likely because of the installation of third-party plug-ins, I do not know whether the installation of the graphics card switch tool, if there is installed, you can try to uninstall and see, about the problem of graphics card drivers, I do not know whether the current use of the 5.18 version of the kernel, you can confirm the normal installation of the graphics card driver in the 5.18 kernel, you can terminal execution: sudo apt update && sudo apt install nvidia-driver
Then reboot the system.

Reply View the author
robertsala
deepin
2022-10-19 02:25
babyfengfjx

Dock disappeared and the problem of safe mode, most likely because of the installation of third-party plug-ins, I do not know whether the installation of the graphics card switch tool, if there is installed, you can try to uninstall and see, about the problem of graphics card drivers, I do not know whether the current use of the 5.18 version of the kernel, you can confirm the normal installation of the graphics card driver in the 5.18 kernel, you can terminal execution: sudo apt update && sudo apt install nvidia-driver
Then reboot the system.

It fails to install nvidia-driver

dpkg: error processing package nvidia-driver (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
nvidia-kernel-dkms
nvidia-driver
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Reply View the author
robertsala
deepin
2022-10-19 02:27
babyfengfjx

Then reboot the system.

This is part of the log. I do see the error but don't know how to fix this. It's trying to build in the wrong compiler.

echo >&2 " ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";
echo >&2 " include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";
echo >&2 " Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it."; \

warning: the compiler differs from the one used to build the kernel
The kernel was built by: gcc-12 (Debian 12.2.0-3) 12.2.0
You are using: gcc (Uos 8.3.0.3-3+rebuild) 8.3.0

Reply View the author
ke******93@gmail.com
deepin
2022-10-19 18:17
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.
robertsala
deepin
2022-10-20 03:52

We can close this topic. I backed up my documents, images, downloads, etc via ttyl. I then installed Deepin 20.7.0, dist-upgrade to 20.7.1, transferred back all my data. Linux Kernel Xanmod 6.0.1 version 2 would not update with the NVIDIA pre-installed drivers because of the CGG. I always want to have the newest Linux kernel as it brings more stability to my laptop when it comes to drivers as well as patches. Why is Deepin so far behind in providing the latest stable Linux kernels?

Reply View the author
Vamp
deepin
2022-10-21 01:14

@robertsala

The Deepin i think add a relatively fresh linux kernel . 6.0.1 is about 2 week(!!!) old...

Reply View the author
initialbulwark
deepin
2022-10-21 18:54
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.
robertsala
deepin
2022-10-24 13:59
Vamp

@robertsala

The Deepin i think add a relatively fresh linux kernel . 6.0.1 is about 2 week(!!!) old...

I tried instaling it and it would not recogninze the compression format to uncompress and install.

Reply View the author