Create and use app passwords
Note: If you use 2-Step-Verification and are seeing a 'password incorrect' error when trying to access your Google Account, an app password may solve the problem.
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, choose Security .
- On the 'Signing in to Google' panel, choose App passwords . If you don’t see this option:
- 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account
- 2-Step Verification is set up for security keys only
- Your account is through work, school or other organisation
- You’ve turned on Advanced Protection for your account
- At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app that you’re using.
- Choose Select device and choose the device that you're using.
- Choose Generate .
- Follow the instructions to enter the app password. The app password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
- Choose Done .