[Others] Transmission Remote
Tofloor
poster avatar
Allanft
deepin
2023-04-10 10:43
Author

Hello...
My name is Allan and I'm new to the linux system... I studied the decision to dedicate myself to the system for months... now I'm learning and with some doubts... many I managed to solve with a lot of research, others like this one I'm looking for help from friends. ..

Whenever I start transmission it doesn't connect, which prevents me from downloading torrents.

Thank you very much in advance for the attention of anyone who can help.

Erro Transmission.png

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
CS_GomesGaioso
deepin
2023-04-10 12:45

Transmission Remote, as its name suggests is to remotelly connect to another running Transmission instance, typically in another computer in the same network.

It's also possible to use this feature when enabled in the actual Transmission to connect to it from another software in the same computer (e.g. Kodi with the Transmission plugin) to observe the progress of the downloads and other functions.

In conclusion, you need to understand Transmission Remote is NOT Transmission. It merely connects to an host running somewhere else. Your own screenshot shows a blank host so it couldn't possibly work. You must start the actual Transmission. Then, if you want to control it from another computer in the network, enable and configure remote access in Preferences - Remote: Tick "Allow remote access", keep or change the port, authentication, etc.

Reply View the author
Allanft
deepin
2023-04-11 06:31
CS_GomesGaioso

Transmission Remote, as its name suggests is to remotelly connect to another running Transmission instance, typically in another computer in the same network.

It's also possible to use this feature when enabled in the actual Transmission to connect to it from another software in the same computer (e.g. Kodi with the Transmission plugin) to observe the progress of the downloads and other functions.

In conclusion, you need to understand Transmission Remote is NOT Transmission. It merely connects to an host running somewhere else. Your own screenshot shows a blank host so it couldn't possibly work. You must start the actual Transmission. Then, if you want to control it from another computer in the network, enable and configure remote access in Preferences - Remote: Tick "Allow remote access", keep or change the port, authentication, etc.

Got it... I thought I could use it as a client, that is, click on a magnet link and start the automatic download of that file, video or iso.

Reply View the author