[Seek Help] How do you find the locations of configuration files?
Tofloor
poster avatar
𝓜𝓻.⠀𝓦𝓪𝓲
deepin
2023-05-08 03:34
Author

I have installed UOS Home, a distro based on Deepin. I know how to change the settings via Control Center, but I want to do so by modifying the configuration files via commands. So, is there a way to locate those files? For example, how do you find the font configuration file on Deepin? I believe the same file is used on UOS.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
阿尼樱奈奈
2023-05-08 15:28
It has been deleted!
𝓜𝓻.⠀𝓦𝓪𝓲
deepin
2023-05-08 21:11
阿尼樱奈奈 It has been deleted!

I have changed the font size to "15". Which file in "/etc/fonts/" contains the font size "15"? I cannot find that file.

Reply View the author
Barry-okx
Junior Packager
2023-05-10 07:01

both deepin and uos are GUI first distro. I don't see the value of finding config detail.

Reply View the author
𝓜𝓻.⠀𝓦𝓪𝓲
deepin
2023-05-10 09:23
Barry-okx

both deepin and uos are GUI first distro. I don't see the value of finding config detail.

When it comes to system configuration, I prefer CLI to GUI.

Reply View the author
Barry-okx
Junior Packager
2023-05-12 01:27
𝓜𝓻.⠀𝓦𝓪𝓲

When it comes to system configuration, I prefer CLI to GUI.

I don't know, I am user too.

I don't think it will be soon. or you can read their code and DIY a cli tool. LOL

Reply View the author
𝓜𝓻.⠀𝓦𝓪𝓲
deepin
2023-05-12 03:28
Barry-okx

I don't know, I am user too.

I don't think it will be soon. or you can read their code and DIY a cli tool. LOL

Actually, I want to use a shell script to change the default settings. The script will contain the commands necessary for doing so.

On Windows, I used a CMD script to change the default settings. I want to do the same via a shell script on UOS.

Reply View the author
JoeKim
deepin
2023-12-27 13:42

Elevate your website's traffic and engagement with the powerful solutions from onlinebizbooster.net. Whether it's SEO optimization, content marketing, or social media strategies, this platform empowers your online presence for sustained growth. Take your website to new heights with onlinebizbooster.net!

Reply View the author
b***z@gmail.com
deepin
2024-01-11 12:06
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.