[Exchange and share] Deepin V23 is laggy
Tofloor
poster avatar
tommyluciano
deepin
2023-06-22 23:52
Author

I installed deeping V23 and it runs very poorly on my computer which made me wonder if it's my computer that is the problem. For example, when I open the app store it is very difficult to scroll down or open anything up to look because most of the time when I click on an app to open it there is a delay, or it takes a few clicks for it to actually open. It's the same with the menu too, I can't scroll across using my mouse wheel so I have to click the little dot to go to the next page of the menu. So far it has not crashed, frozen or anything but some tasks are just very slow.

Below you will find my hardware specs included in this post. If anyone knows more than me please do let me know if you think it may be my computer or the OS itself. I did not when downloading the ISO that it said (unstable) so perhaps it's just that and I need to install a stable version.

ApplicationFrameHost_mAJ83uEEXa.png

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Merlin
Super Moderator
Product Manager
2023-06-23 00:41

At present can not determine what is the reason, the system provides a dual kernel, you can first switch to the version of the kernel. The system can be started normally and can run normally, but it is slow and the hardware may also be related.

Reply View the author
storm
deepin
2023-06-23 01:12

Deepin 23 beta 1 i lightning fast on my computer, way faster than Fedora 38 Workstation (Gnome).

Try install Inxi which will provide the info the developers need. Also if you're new to Linux, you should go stable version.

Screenshot_20230622110954.png

sudo apt install inxi

inxi -Fz

Reply View the author
tommyluciano
deepin
2023-06-23 02:17
Merlin

At present can not determine what is the reason, the system provides a dual kernel, you can first switch to the version of the kernel. The system can be started normally and can run normally, but it is slow and the hardware may also be related.

Sounds like it might be a little bit of both, my computer is not the best. I will try to install a previous version if possible to see if it runs better. I also may not have given it enough memory in VirtualBox (3.5GB) since I only have 8GB in total.

Reply View the author
tommyluciano
deepin
2023-06-23 02:18
storm

Deepin 23 beta 1 i lightning fast on my computer, way faster than Fedora 38 Workstation (Gnome).

Try install Inxi which will provide the info the developers need. Also if you're new to Linux, you should go stable version.

Screenshot_20230622110954.png

sudo apt install inxi

inxi -Fz

Thank you for the suggestion, I didn't know about that, I will give it a try.

Reply View the author
storm
deepin
2023-06-23 04:15

Note, that the speed/performance in VM is slightly decreased and won't show the full speed of the OS or if your hardware is fully compatible.

Reply View the author
heavensword
deepin
2023-07-10 10:57

It's your computer. Deepin is a 7th gen+ Intel Core operating system. It runs like ass on my 3rd gen Core i5. A second gen CPU like your Sandy Bridge should suffer even worse performance!

The problem isn't exact Deepin. It's a perfectly good UI environment, BUT the Debian Linux underneath the GUI just plain sux. This the main disadvantage of an OS that relies on Linux as its base -- terribly slow speed on any Intel CPU earlier than 7th gen.

Reply View the author