[Newbies] File Permission Problems
Tofloor
poster avatar
p***c@honeys.be
deepin
2023-07-02 06:21
Author
I used deepin in this may and i move my file from my phone to my laptop and then after that i can access only from administrator permission. I want to play my video and pdf file on my laptop but as they are in administrator my VCL player and reader cant access what should i do to change from root to normal file mangaer with the help of chat gpt and i cant plz someone guide me 
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
babyfengfjx
Super Moderator
CQA
2023-07-05 00:29

Thank you for your feedback. We tried to copy the content from an Android phone to the desktop or other folders, and found that the permissions were working properly.

We did not encounter any issues where the files could only be opened with administrator privileges. Could you please provide more detailed steps and corresponding screenshots?

This issue mainly involves permission problems. May I ask if you were using a regular user operation or an administrator user operation when copying the files to the computer?

We believe that the basic steps should be to connect the phone to the computer, enter the corresponding folder in the phone's disk, select the file, right-click and choose "copy", and then paste it to the desktop or a folder in the home directory. After this process, the file should be able to be operated normally.

Reply View the author
m***2@googlemail.com
deepin
2023-07-07 01:33
It has been deleted!
m***7@gmail.com
deepin
2024-04-11 16:53

It seems like the files are set to be accessed only with administrator permission, much like certain features restricted on omegle. To change this, you may need to adjust the file permissions in your file manager. You can try right-clicking on the files, selecting 'Properties,' and then changing the permissions to allow access for your user account. If you need further assistance, feel free to ask for help from the community or seek guidance from technical support. Good luck!

Reply View the author