[problem help] Screen resolution issue
Tofloor
poster avatar
a***7@yahoo.com
deepin
2023-08-05 16:12
Author
Hello everyone
i have been using deepin with opensuse distribution , but now i installed the 23 beta but i got an issue that my screen resolution stuck at 1024x768 and i tried so many ways to fix this but cant solve it , any ideas ?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
阿尼樱奈奈
2023-08-05 16:23

Try upgrading the kernel, or installing a video driver.

Reply View the author
pzm9012
2023-08-06 01:19

Sorry for your experience, but please provide your hardware information. Additionally, ensure that you choose the option without Safe Graphics before installing.

Reply View the author
a***7@yahoo.com
deepin
2023-08-06 02:55

Thanks for reply

i tried to update the vga intel driver and and it did nothing

My laptop is an old one its compaq 610 core2 due with 4 gb ram and intel 965 vga card

And yes i installed deepin in safe mode because when i tried to install it in normal mode it gave me a white boxes instead of the normal windows

Reply View the author
pzm9012
2023-08-08 00:11
a***7@yahoo.com

Thanks for reply

i tried to update the vga intel driver and and it did nothing

My laptop is an old one its compaq 610 core2 due with 4 gb ram and intel 965 vga card

And yes i installed deepin in safe mode because when i tried to install it in normal mode it gave me a white boxes instead of the normal windows

The Safe Graphics mode means that all the graphics drivers are disabled. So as you can see, the screen resolution is unchangeable. But according to what you say, when in normal mode the system can't recognize your graphics card. Actually, deepin's hardware compatibility is not so good. I'm afraid that I am not able to provide a solution.

Reply View the author
a***7@yahoo.com
deepin
2023-08-10 11:17
pzm9012

The Safe Graphics mode means that all the graphics drivers are disabled. So as you can see, the screen resolution is unchangeable. But according to what you say, when in normal mode the system can't recognize your graphics card. Actually, deepin's hardware compatibility is not so good. I'm afraid that I am not able to provide a solution.

Thanks for reply ..

i just realized that its hardware issue, may be because i got old laptop , i tried so many ways but unfortunately all not working out, so I'm on the safe graphics 🤷‍♂️

Reply View the author