[Suggestions for Improvement] Feature request.
Tofloor
poster avatar
j***a@gmail.com
deepin
2023-08-27 17:10
Author

Hi All,

My name is Jemmy Tan from Indonesia and I'm already using linux from 2001-2002 the first distro I used is Redhat 9 and Mandrake Linux 9.2

I'm the big fans of Cinnamon Desktop Environment, several time I used Linux Mint Cinnamon and Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix because they stable and have lot feature like Windows 10 from theme, icons, etc.

I'm very interested with Deepin when the first time I install Deepin Linux I amaze with the GUI and taskbar and the all component but there is missing component in Deepin like Print Manager Config there in no setting Print Manager Config on Control Center so I must search manually to find Print Manager on installed app.

And there is no option to setting Firewall Config on Control Center, and the most important feature is can Deepin add the feature like add-apt-repository under Control Center and all the stuff I mention in here on Deepin v23? I hope in the next realease Deepin can accommodate the feature I mention in here, thanks more power to Linux jiayou....

Best regards,

Jemmy Tan

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
pzm9012
2023-08-28 06:28

Thank you for your suggestions! I've forwarded them to GitHub, and there is a reply from a developer: https://github.com/orgs/linuxdeepin/discussions/5313#discussioncomment-6834813

Reply View the author
Merlin
Super Moderator
Product Manager
2023-08-28 23:33
  1. As for the setting function of the print manager, the management function is provided in the control center. At present, we do not have this plan. Of course, this is the best way for all management functions to be carried out in the control center
    2.PPA warehouse This will not be provided because the current community users are more ordinary users, which can reduce maintenance costs.
  2. This network firewall function is relatively large, if you want to support it, it will be considered after the official release of the V23 version, and it will not be supported in the short term, because this function is relatively large.
  3. This network firewall function is relatively large, if you want to support it, it will be considered after the official release of the V23 version, and it will not be supported in the short term, because this function is relatively large.
Reply View the author