[software development] fcitx input method solution in QtCreator 10.x 11.x
Tofloor
poster avatar
yanjuner
Super Moderator
2023-12-01 00:28
Author

summary

AI: In modern programming development, it is crucial to choose an excellent integrated development environment. However, in practical application, we will inevitably encounter some problems. For example, QtCreator 10.x is a popular development tool, but it may have some defects, such as the inability to use input methods such as fcitx in it, which may cause inconvenience to development in some cases. If you have not compiled tools such as fcitx, solving this type of problem will also become more difficult. Therefore, in the programming development process, it is an important step to solve these problems in a timely manner and choose the tools that suit you.

System platform and initial compilation preparation

image.png
Install the qt6-base-private-dev package and fcitx-libs-dev. If you install fcitx5, there may be some conflicts. In short, you can just uninstall fcitx5 and reinstall it afterwards.

Mid-term compilation preparation

1. You need to get the source code of fcitx-qt5, the debian series is executable apt source fcitx-qt5
    image.png
  2. You need to install all the support packages involved in compiling fcitx-qt5. This is because I installed fcitx5
    image.png
  3. Uninstall fcitx5 and you can continue.
    image.png

Finally start compiling

1. Modify the fcitx-qt5 source code to produce only the Qt Plugin module for qt6
    image.png
  2. Compile directly and my fcitx-qt5 so will be generated.
    image.png

Deployment after compilation

1. Copy to all similar directories of Qt Creator 10.x series

Copied to QtCreator 11 below here
image.png

1. Then you can use it
    image.png
  2. A bunch of qtcreator
    image.png

Following the end of the picture, install fcitx5

image.png

This is my CSDN blog, of course there is nothing technical about it