[Seek Help] How do i install windows back?
Tofloor
poster avatar
s***2@gmail.com
deepin
2023-12-12 18:34
Author

Please help me because i want to install Windows 7 but i can't find my pendrive in the boot menu.

If needed my PC Specs, Here you go!:

RAM: 8GB

SSD: 256GB

HDD: 1TB

CPU: Intel Core i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz

GPU: Intel Core UHD Graphics 620

Laptop: Lenovo S145 (81XM)

Pendrive: 4GB of Storage.

System: DeepinOS Community 20.9

Please Help!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
raspin
deepin
2023-12-13 05:10

Try different USB stick at least 8gb. Create a bootable USB drive using reputable tools like Ventoy, Deepin boot maker should work too, but it's less reliable.

I hope you understand that microsoft has ended support for windows 7 and web browsers don't release security updates win7 anymore. For your security, I'd advise you to install at least windows 10 or windows 11. There are guides how to debloat, I'd recommend https://github.com/ChrisTitusTech/winutil. If you didn't like deepin, maybe you might want to take a look at chromeOS flex

Reply View the author
s***2@gmail.com
deepin
2023-12-13 07:42
raspin

Try different USB stick at least 8gb. Create a bootable USB drive using reputable tools like Ventoy, Deepin boot maker should work too, but it's less reliable.

I hope you understand that microsoft has ended support for windows 7 and web browsers don't release security updates win7 anymore. For your security, I'd advise you to install at least windows 10 or windows 11. There are guides how to debloat, I'd recommend https://github.com/ChrisTitusTech/winutil. If you didn't like deepin, maybe you might want to take a look at chromeOS flex

Yes, I acknoledge the fact that Microsoft ended support of Windows 7. Also when i downloaded DeepinOS i used my 8GB Pendrive and now its 4GB since something happened and changed it to that.

Reply View the author
raspin
deepin
2023-12-13 08:04
s***2@gmail.com

Yes, I acknoledge the fact that Microsoft ended support of Windows 7. Also when i downloaded DeepinOS i used my 8GB Pendrive and now its 4GB since something happened and changed it to that.

It has created a 4gb partition which is roughly windows 7 size. If it was 8gb, then use Disks or gparted application from app store to reformat partition table.

Reply View the author
CS_GomesGaioso
deepin
2023-12-16 08:21

I suggest that in the future you make use of other online resources like SuperUser or similar, including but not limited to, Windows forums.

It makes ZERO sense to be asking this kind of questions at any Linux forum.

Reply View the author
d***5@evvgo.com
deepin
2024-01-28 16:10

An issue that interests me very much. It's great that you come up with interesting and useful questions. omegle online

Reply View the author