[Control Center] Boot Menu config
Tofloor
poster avatar
luisdanielsc
deepin
2023-12-15 11:53
Author

[System Version]: deepin V20.9

Is it possible to include in Control Center a setting for the Boot Menu for booting from the last booted operating system?

Something that sets these variables in /etc/default/grub
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
花雨落逝
deepin
2023-12-16 23:41

I have learned that you can set the default boot device in control center.

I recommend post a picture of your control center.

Reply View the author
luisdanielsc
deepin
2023-12-19 12:40
花雨落逝

I have learned that you can set the default boot device in control center.

I recommend post a picture of your control center.

Yes I can select the default Operating System to boot; but how to configure it to be dynamic (always boot from the last manually selected option).
I configured these variables in the /etc/default/grub file and it works. But an option from the Control Center for that would be great
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true

GrubDefaults.jpg

BootMenuConfig.jpg

Reply View the author
花雨落逝
deepin
2023-12-20 04:39
luisdanielsc

Yes I can select the default Operating System to boot; but how to configure it to be dynamic (always boot from the last manually selected option).
I configured these variables in the /etc/default/grub file and it works. But an option from the Control Center for that would be great
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true

GrubDefaults.jpg

BootMenuConfig.jpg

From your feedback I can see that your startup delay function were disabled.Try to enable it.

After that,you can directly boot what system you want to use form the grub,just use"↑"and"↓" of your keyboard,then press Enter.And if,your most commonly used system is Windows, you can choose the default system as Windows after turning on startup delay.

Reply View the author
luisdanielsc
deepin
2023-12-21 17:35
花雨落逝

From your feedback I can see that your startup delay function were disabled.Try to enable it.

After that,you can directly boot what system you want to use form the grub,just use"↑"and"↓" of your keyboard,then press Enter.And if,your most commonly used system is Windows, you can choose the default system as Windows after turning on startup delay.

Yes, I know that using the arrow keys I can change the operating system to boot; but making it dynamic to always load the last device booted could be a big improvement for your awesome Linux distribution.

All the best

Reply View the author
花雨落逝
deepin
2023-12-21 20:37
luisdanielsc

Yes, I know that using the arrow keys I can change the operating system to boot; but making it dynamic to always load the last device booted could be a big improvement for your awesome Linux distribution.

All the best

Err,maybe the package "rEFInd" could help you ?

That's a third part tool and you'd better BUCKUP YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE.(because I didn't try this tool before.)

Reply View the author