[Topic DIscussion] Display Resolution/Brightness not wokring in 5.18.17 kernel
Tofloor
poster avatar
a***k@gmail.com
deepin
2024-02-16 20:07
Author

I have ASUS Vivobook 16 (13th Gen) and when I try to install Deepin 20.9 with 5.17 kernel then it does not allow me to install with this kernel but when i select 5.18 kernel then it installed the Deepin 20.9. But brightness is not working and 2nd there is no resolution selection there. In short dispaly is not working fine with this kernel.
Deepin v23 working fine but it is in beta so there are many issues thats why i cannot use v23.
I mainly want to use "Wecom" or "WeChat Work" app that's why I am using Deepin. Is there other way to install this in Ubuntu/Debian as if we can add deepin-store over there (without Wine).
Otherwise I need to fix this display issue. inxi -F prints this

inxi -F

Graphics:  Device-1: Intel driver: N/A 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: fbdev unloaded: modesetting,vesa 
           resolution: 1440x900~77Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 13.0.1 256 bits) v: 4.5 Mesa 21.3.8 

I myself upgraded the kernel from 5.18 to 6.1.0 and display works but some other things not wokring like google-chrome not open in 6.1.0 as it gives me error "libva error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so init failed"

So what should i do to fix this dispaly issue in Deepin 20.9 (5.18). I am stuck and need to setup things.

@阿尼樱奈奈@babyfengfjx@buyike@晚秋(lateautumn)@mozixun

@Merlin

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
piotr_bujakowski
deepin
2024-02-22 17:45

Hi.

Try with software and updates:

https://sites.google.com/view/piotrbujakowski/computers/linux/synaptic-package-manager

Reply View the author
piotr_bujakowski
deepin
2024-02-22 17:46

Hi.

Deepin¹ have apt?

Reply View the author
a***k@gmail.com
deepin
2024-02-22 20:00
piotr_bujakowski

Hi.

Deepin¹ have apt?

Hello @piotr_bujakowski,
Thanks for your kind feedback. Can you please provide me a little bit more. You mean i should install/update the drivers from the link you provided. right?

And yes Deepin has apt.

Reply View the author
piotr_bujakowski
deepin
2024-02-23 00:05

On link is instruction how open additional drivers.

If you dont have that software than install.

Reply View the author
a***k@gmail.com
deepin
2024-02-23 13:02
piotr_bujakowski

On link is instruction how open additional drivers.

If you dont have that software than install.

Yes i have installed this synaptic package manager. now can you please tell me which driver/software should i installed to fix this graphics issues. The list is very long with different categories. I did not find additional drivers options there. I think additional drivers should be in ubuntu not in deepin.
Thanks!

Reply View the author
r***9@gmail.com
deepin
2024-02-26 18:17
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.
a***k@gmail.com
deepin
2024-02-27 15:17
r***9@gmail.com
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.

Thanks for this kind response.
Unfortunately i did not get any soltuion from community. I downloaded the ubuntu 22 and then installed DDE on it. that reslved the display issue

Reply View the author
CS_GomesGaioso
deepin
2024-03-23 06:47

The only real solution is using a newer kernel like the one you got with Ubuntu. v5.17 is OLDER than your hardware graphics so not having proper support is entirely expected.

Reply View the author
piotr_bujakowski
deepin
2024-03-26 04:53

https://sites.google.com/view/piotrbujakowski/computers/linux/synaptic-package-manager

Reply View the author