[Seek Help] How install AMD Driver correctly?
Tofloor
poster avatar
d***m@gmail.com
deepin
2024-02-27 09:17
Author

I have a laptop equipped with an AMD RYZEN 5 3500U processor. My goal is to correctly install the necessary drivers and OpenGL to enable the use of Davinci Resolve. Despite following the instructions on the Debian Wiki (https://wiki.debian.org/AtiHowTo), Davinci Resolve remains inoperative. I am using Deepin 20. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Other question is, when I follow the wiki, have an conflit to install the firmware-amd-graphics because already have the firmware-linux.

Thanks.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
CS_GomesGaioso
deepin
2024-03-23 06:03

The correct way is doing nothing, really...

AMD graphics drivers are open-source since many years ago and because of that included in the kernel and immediatelly available. There's no need to install the proprietary overlay - amdgpu-pro - unless in very specific scenarios/usages, mostly crypto and stuff. AFAIK, not needed for DaVinci Resolve.

Reply View the author
j***a@outlook.com
deepin
2024-04-10 19:17

While AMD drivers can impact graphics performance, it's important to remember they don't directly interact with crypto private wallet. Wallets are software applications separate from your graphics card drivers. Focus on reliable wallet security practices for managing your cryptocurrenc

Reply View the author