[Seek Help] Customizing 3-Finger Touchpad Gestures in Deepin
Tofloor
poster avatar
Owensuwu
deepin
2024-06-04 01:17
Author

Hello Deepin community,

Now and I'm looking to customize my touchpad gestures. Specifically, I'd like to change the actions associated with 3-finger swipes and taps.

I've looked through the touchpad settings, but I haven't found any options to change these gestures. Is there a way to do this within Deepin's settings, or would I need to use a third-party tool?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!hi

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
baicailio
deepin
2024-06-04 10:13

Hello Deepin user,

Customizing touchpad gestures on Deepin can be done through the system settings or with the help of third-party tools, depending on the level of customization you're looking for. Here are some steps you can follow to modify your touchpad gestures:

1. System Settings: Open the Deepin Control Center and navigate to the "Mouse & Touchpad" section. Here, you should find options to configure basic touchpad actions such as tapping, scrolling, and two-finger gestures. Although the options might be limited, you should be able to make some adjustments to your touchpad behavior.
  2. Synaptics Touchpad Driver: If you're running a version of Deepin that includes the Synaptics touchpad driver, you may have access to additional settings through the "synclient" command in a terminal. This command allows you to tweak various parameters of your touchpad, including gesture recognition. However, this method requires some knowledge of the available parameters and their effects on the touchpad behavior.
  3. Third-Party Tools: If you're looking for more advanced gesture customization, you might want to consider using third-party software. One popular option is to use an application called "Gestures," which is available in the Deepin Store. This tool allows you to create custom gestures and assign them to various actions. Keep in mind that not all third-party tools will be compatible with Deepin, so it's important to research and find ones specifically designed for your distribution.
  4. Kernel Level Configuration: In some cases, you might need to modify the kernel parameters for your touchpad to get the desired results. This is generally more complex and involves compiling custom drivers or using modules like "libinput." This option is typically only recommended for advanced users who are comfortable with system-level configuration.

Remember to always backup your settings before making changes, and test your gestures thoroughly to ensure they behave as expected. If you're unsure about how to proceed with any of these steps, it's a good idea to search online forums or ask for help from the Deepin community for further guidance.

Good luck customizing your touchpad!

Best regards, Deepin Support Team

Reply View the author