[Topic DIscussion] Deepin strategic future development
Tofloor
poster avatar
CleanEnergyCleanEnvironment
deepin
2024-06-05 17:40
Author

I heard that Huawei laptops use Deepin, as a Linux distribution, are there any plans for Deepin working with Huawei to integrate Deepin Linux into Harmony PC and IoS?

Also, does Deepin have a strategy to make an embedded Deepin version for IoT like embedded Debian?

Tank you very much

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
mingyuan12
deepin
2024-06-06 00:51

Currently there's no Huawei laptops with Deepin pre-installed on the market. As far as I know, there's no plan of integrating Deepin into HarmonyOS or making an embedded version announced.

Reply View the author
heavensword
deepin
2024-06-14 02:55
mingyuan12

Currently there's no Huawei laptops with Deepin pre-installed on the market. As far as I know, there's no plan of integrating Deepin into HarmonyOS or making an embedded version announced.

Yes, there is Huawei already selling Qingyun notebooks with UOS (commercial version of Deepin) instead of Windows. Also, Huawei is working to bring HarmonyOS to PCs and laptops.

I think it's wise for Deepin to abandon Linux and build their DDE on top of OpenHarmony. BUT probably now is not the time, we haven't seen HarmonyOS officially on PCs yet so we don't know what kind of hardware the OS supports other than Huawei PCs of course!

Myself because Deepin is currently built on top of Linux, it's slow as heck and I treat it like a toy operating system not for serious work. For that I still use Windows. I find the CURRENT Deepin is only good for watching movies in the Deepin player, browsing websites in the Deepin browser that no longer work under Windows, and downloading torrents thru the integrated Downloader app.

Reply View the author