[problem help] user
Tofloor
poster avatar
o***q@gmail.com
deepin
2024-06-15 21:12
Author

Hello,

I've yet to be able to install any of the Deepin OS versions, stable or not. Only have been able to install them via the Swiss Linux group EXTIX, their Refracter installation bundle is able to remove what ever Deepin's Installation has that does not properly install it. I recently decided to give it a try with your newest edition release Deepin 23 v. RC2, as expected it halts the installation with the ususal error of "not able to complete installation" because of erron installing grub.

So I am trying to not have to attemt the installion again, but rather access the install partition and manually create user account so I am able to finish the install.

Problem;

root account is disable>> what is the default password, and how to enable root?

pressing issue is: not able to complete boot because most of the services are either not loading/enabled, or not installed.

I managed to access recovery mode via supergrub, but recovery does not complete the task, it stops after attempting to pass bluetooth mods..

How do I enable root, and what is password for root?

How can i access tty 2 and access and run deepin installer?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
CS_GomesGaioso
deepin
2024-06-16 14:40

Typically GRUB installation errors stem from an inexistent or inaccessible ESP (EFI System Partition) in any UEFI based computer (2012 or newer) or, if attempting a Legacy mode installation (for which there’s no reason) in a GPT drive, the absence of a small, not formatted,

bios_grub

partition to be used in lieu of the MBR where it would be installed.

Are you letting the installer automatically create the partitions it needs and in GPT drive? If not then make sure you also have an ESP (FAT32 formatted, ~100MB is enough but modern Linux installers usually create one ~512MB). Or, if trying to dual-boot with Windows, make sure to diable its Fast Startup "feature" that can disable writing in some partitions.

Reply View the author