[Share Experiences] Simple Steps to Reinstall v23 B3 While Keeping /home Partition Data
Tofloor
poster avatar
SuperDavid
2024-07-25 10:59
Author

Since deepin enthusiasts often end up crashing their systems, here's a method I recently used to reinstall the system while preserving the personal data in the /home partition (experts can skip this 💃).

1. Reinstalling: Select Advanced Installation

1. Next Step

Do Not Delete the Previously Installed Partitions. Just select "Modify" (pen icon).

I modified the original EFI and / partitions. In v23, they are formatted by default, so do not touch the original /home partition.

I didn't take a screenshot, but the images online show the full disk installation process.

1. Proceed to Installation

After rebooting, fill in the username. Make sure it matches the name used before the reinstall, as the /home partition contains software information. Using the same name has its benefits.

Before Mounting the /home Partition, it Appears as dde_data. Remember this as we will need its UUID shortly.

1. Open Terminal and Enter the Command: blkid

Copy the highlighted area in the image below, ensuring to remove the quotation marks when using it later.

1. Now Edit the fstab** File in **/etc

If you cannot edit it directly, copy it to the desktop, edit it there, and then replace the original file. Alternatively, use sudo vi /etc/fstab to edit it directly.

After the Above Steps,all your previous data will be restored. Now, reinstall the necessary programs. You will find that most of the previous program settings are retained, especially for wine programs and portable applications.

(Experts, don't laugh; this is for beginners like us. I didn't take screenshots step by step, so the images are incomplete.)

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Yoloy_Lan
2024-07-30 16:10

applaud

Reply View the author