[Suggestions for Improvement] Too many bugs in Deepin 23
Tofloor
poster avatar
m***[email protected]
deepin
2024-09-24 04:32
Author

Deepin 23 is probably the worst fiasco compared to all other versions all over these years.

For the first time, since Deepin 15, I've encountered lots of issues/bugs that are very annoying, and, to my surprise I don't see them addressed.

Let's start by the bug of keyboards! I've installed Deepin in a western language, but, despite having my keyboard in the right input language, if I have to type a wifi password with special characters, it doesn't work. After many hours trying to find out the problem, I've seen the keyboard in dock and menu just has the en_US keyboard layout and we have to follow it. The rest of the system the keyboard works as it should. It's just in dock (that doesn't translate to my language - and even in languages that translate, the layout to use in that specific area is the english! This should be adressed quickly but despite updates, the problem remains. There's no error in the installation, everything is correct, but keyboard layout to use in something in the dock like wifi password and menu search, is forced to english! Bad, very bad!

Some applications are correctly installed but they do not start. It's the case of Google Earth, for example. I know there is a browser version, but, I prefer using the application. It doesn't start. To make it work, it's necessary to use a truck to paste the folder of the application in the home folder and work from there, after creating a desktop.file on desktop. What is this? It shouldn't work this way! Never!

WPS office doesn't open directly a file (writer, spreadsheets, etc). It's necessary to open Writer or Spreadsheets, and, from inside opening the file we want. Again, this shouldn't work this way. I'd just had to double click the file to be opened. In this particular case, I have to say, in all other distros WPS office works as it should work, correctly. Not in Deepin 23!

Translations only partially working! Dock and menu not translated. Some menus all over the system just translated partially.

And that's all for the moment!

Thanks for reading

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies

No replies yet