App store veeeryyyy sloooow!
Tofloor
poster avatar
nikos
deepin
2020-12-04 11:32
Author

Hello everyone. I am impressed by the quality of Deepin 20, version 1003 - gorgeous with smooth animations, stable and fast, with only 1-2% cpu and 860 mb memory usage. But, please fix the app store which is extremely slow outside China. Can I change the repositories? Please, tell me how to do it. Thanks.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
心平气和
deepin
2020-12-04 16:17

似乎感受到了我们 访问外网时的心情。

Reply View the author
Clay_Stan
deepin developers team
2020-12-04 17:30

Which country are you?

Reply View the author
Cc丶
deepin
2020-12-04 17:31

OMG

Reply View the author
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2020-12-04 17:57

Well... maybe the CDN problem

Try to use VPN to access Chinese Network

I'll mention this problem to the official

Reply View the author
nikos
deepin
2020-12-04 21:23
神末shenmo

Thanks.

Reply View the author
nikos
deepin
2020-12-04 21:26
Clay_Stan

Which country are you?

I live in Greece, where I usually download at a speed of 5-6 Mbs. In the case of Deepin App Store, the speed is as low as 200 kbs - it took me almost half an hour to download WPS Office!

Reply View the author
yftls
deepin
2020-12-05 00:34
nikos

I live in Greece, where I usually download at a speed of 5-6 Mbs. In the case of Deepin App Store, the speed is as low as 200 kbs - it took me almost half an hour to download WPS Office!

Speed of Store also very slow in China.

You can try to download deb-package from official website of each softwares by XDM.

Reply View the author
nikos
deepin
2020-12-05 14:47
神末shenmo

Since it seems that you know employees from UnionTech, could you ask them if  there are plans to release the os in Europe? Thanks for your time.

Reply View the author
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2020-12-05 16:26
nikos

Since it seems that you know employees from UnionTech, could you ask them if  there are plans to release the os in Europe? Thanks for your time.

I'm just a community volunteer

All I did was  mentioned this to @jingle since the new forum didn't support @

Deepin is not available in Europe?

I've heard that they have an CDN in German

Reply View the author
nikos
deepin
2020-12-05 22:50
神末shenmo

I'm just a community volunteer

All I did was  mentioned this to @jingle since the new forum didn't support @

Deepin is not available in Europe?

I've heard that they have an CDN in German

Deepin is available in Europe, with a dedicated server in my country Greece. I was talking about the Tongxin Desktop Operating System Personal Edition being released by UnionTech.

Reply View the author
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2020-12-06 05:48
nikos

Deepin is available in Europe, with a dedicated server in my country Greece. I was talking about the Tongxin Desktop Operating System Personal Edition being released by UnionTech.

Uniontech OS does not support mirror

As a commercial version ,the repo contaims many non-free software which can not be mirrored

I'll feedback the problem  to a Uniontech Worker

Reply View the author
nikos
deepin
2020-12-06 09:10
神末shenmo

Uniontech OS does not support mirror

As a commercial version ,the repo contaims many non-free software which can not be mirrored

I'll feedback the problem  to a Uniontech Worker

Thanks for your interest. I have already come in contact with two employees of UnionTech. They were both very kind and eager to help me, they even sent me an iso through email. The problem is that the GFW of China does not allow me to continue beyond my credentials (username/password) and displays an error screen. Therefore, we all agreed that even if I managed to install the iso they had sent me, I would not be able to log in my UnionTech account or download updates later on. The only solution remains an official international release that could use the mirrors of Deepin, for instance. I have used other commercial distros, like Ubuntu Advantage and RHEL which both support mirrors all over the world. Thanks again for your time.

Reply View the author
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2020-12-06 17:15
nikos

Thanks for your interest. I have already come in contact with two employees of UnionTech. They were both very kind and eager to help me, they even sent me an iso through email. The problem is that the GFW of China does not allow me to continue beyond my credentials (username/password) and displays an error screen. Therefore, we all agreed that even if I managed to install the iso they had sent me, I would not be able to log in my UnionTech account or download updates later on. The only solution remains an official international release that could use the mirrors of Deepin, for instance. I have used other commercial distros, like Ubuntu Advantage and RHEL which both support mirrors all over the world. Thanks again for your time.

Do you need an VPN to accese Chinese Network?

Reply View the author
nikos
deepin
2020-12-08 09:10
神末shenmo

Do you need an VPN to accese Chinese Network?

Hmm, I 'm sorry but I'm not exactly a technical expert, so I don't know what you mean ...[doubt]

Reply View the author
神末shenmo
Spark-App
2020-12-08 19:06
nikos

Hmm, I 'm sorry but I'm not exactly a technical expert, so I don't know what you mean ...[doubt]

Well we know it better it seems [尴尬]

Since we can only accese twitter and youtube with it

Maybe you can ask other people

It's not proper to discuss this in the forum

Reply View the author