[Topic DIscussion] How can I change OCR Language of Screenshot?
Tofloor
poster avatar
costubalma
deepin
2021-11-28 03:56
Author

Hello there, I just installed Deepin on my Laptop. One of the reason I installed it was the OCR feature in the screenshot. I use OCR quite often in my work so it would be very helpful to me. But I'm facing a problem that it only detects English (my system language is also English).

I wanted to know how can I make the OCR to detect other languages for example : Chinese, Korean etc. Is there some settings? or do I have to save the language pack in some folder (like tesseract) ?

Please guide me, if this problem of mine is solved I will be able to use Deepin as my main OS.

Thank you in advance.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
costubalma
deepin
2021-11-28 04:34

It works when I change the system language to the one I want use OCR on. For example: When I change System Language to Chinese then it is able to detect Chinese Language but when I go back to English then it doesn't work.

So OCR is only detecting the System Language.

Reply View the author
thepoy
deepin
2021-11-28 05:59

Maybe OCR only supports Chinese.

Reply View the author
2023开始学习
deepin
2021-11-28 09:24

在没有这个问题。我能同时识别出中文和英文

Reply View the author
costubalma
deepin
2021-11-28 22:44
thepoy

Maybe OCR only supports Chinese.

It recognizes Chinese or other language if I change the System language in the Control Center.

I want to know if there is any other way.

Reply View the author
costubalma
deepin
2021-11-28 22:47
2023开始学习

在没有这个问题。我能同时识别出中文和英文

My System Language is English. It's only recognizing English in the OCR. When I change System Language to Chinese then it works with Chinese.

Isn't there any other way to make it recognize Chinese without changing the system language?

Reply View the author
溶解
deepin
2021-11-29 17:45

I can't neither. Maybe you should wait for next update.....

Reply View the author