How to lock session on power blank screen/screensaver?
Tofloor
poster avatar
jotapesse
deepin
2016-01-27 09:56
Author
Hello,

I did not found how to lock the session (required password to unlock) on power settings blank screen/screensaver (turn off display). The session always remains unlocked unless I explicitly locked it. This is a very must needed feature, the ability to lock the session after a power blank screen (turn off display) is activated (Settings > Power Management).

I tried installing light-locker, the session power locker for lightdm, but it completeley borked the desktop. Had to remove it. Please provide an alternative solution.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-01-27 10:32
Suspend the computer when you blank the screen does not work for you ?
Reply View the author
jotapesse
deepin
2016-01-28 07:03
I do not want to suspend the system (powerstate). I want the system to keep on fully working but that my session is automatically locked by login/password whenever the screen is turned off by power settings.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-28 10:23
Edited by dance707 at 2016-1-27 11:33
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30640
I do not want to suspend the system (powerstate). I want the system to keep on fully working but tha ...

i3lock is a nice screen locker that works well in Deepin. But what is missing is a way to run after some idle time.

I would suggest you use Deepin User Feedback in your applications to report idea or problem of no lock on blank screen.

Reply View the author
jotapesse
deepin
2016-01-29 04:51
Thanks. I'll do just that. I was hoping that some of the deepin developers would read this thread and propose a quick solution.
Reply View the author