Tofloor
poster avatar
deepin小助手
Super Moderator
OM
2023-10-14 00:36
Author

Dear friends,

in order to ensure the quality of the next system update of V23, the closed beta3 on October 13th is coming! Members of the internal test team are invited to actively participate, and interested friends are welcome to join the internal test, thank you!applaud

Update log on October 13th

【New Features】

• Added fcitx5-pinyin-zhwiki dictionary to the repository.
  • Updated glibc to version 2.35 (may cause some unforeseen issues).
  • Updated ldap version (may cause unknown issues with libreoffice).
  • Added "Disable" options for IPV4 and IPV6 in the Control Center-Network Settings.
  • Updated synaptic version in the repository.
  • CVE-2023-38545 security update for curl

【Bug Fixes】

• Fixed glibc CVE-2023-4911 security vulnerability
  • Fixed the issue where opening an application like Music, dragging the tray icon to the taskbar, and then reopening the application would result in two music icons in the tray area.
  • Fixed the problem where dragging the tray icon in the taskbar repeatedly when the tray icon application is enabled would cause the tray area icon to disappear.
  • Fixed the issue where disconnecting an external monitor after connecting it would prevent the brightness adjustment plugin in the quick panel from functioning.

【Backup and Restore】

• Fixed the issue where the "Next" button in system backup for backup and restore could not be clicked.
  • Fixed the problem where clicking on the disk name in the list displayed during system backup would result in an error message stating that there is insufficient space on the selected partition.
  • Fixed the issue where creating an initial backup during system installation and then attempting to perform an initial restore in the backup and restore application would fail.
  • Fixed the problem where the backup and restore function could not be used after installing the system with an xfs-formatted root partition using advanced installation.
  • Fixed the issue where the prompt box text was not fully displayed when using the restore function.

*Starting from the V23Beta 2 version, the pre-installation of the backup and restore application has been cancelled. New installation users can install and experience it by using "sudo apt install uos-recovery".

Feedback question method:

• First of all, please make sure that the system version is upgraded to the latest beta version to avoid problems caused by inconsistent versions;
  • Secondly, when you find a problem, you can give feedback on github as soon as possible; [How to give feedback on GitHub]
  • Welcome to join the internal test group. After entering the group, change the nickname in the group to the user name of the deepin forum, so that we can contact you and communicate the details of the problem.

Screenshot_select-area_20230616114942.png

Join the beta group:

Anyone who intends to participate in the internal test, please scan the code to contact the administrator, note: participate in the internal test (if the reply is not timely, please wait a moment)

Welcome to join the internal test group and interact with us. Thanks to every member of the internal test team for their active participation!

grateful

Many thanks to all the members of the internal testing team for your active participation!

【Terminal】

Added bold underline option in terminal cursor style settings
Window title name will be se

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Alex
deepin
2023-10-15 17:58

I didn't receive this update! It looks like there is a problem with your server. What can be done?

Capturar_deepin-terminal_20231014225039.png

Reply View the author
r***n@iradt.com
deepin
2023-10-26 18:48

Hello;

Someone please give us a light!, I have same behavior when updating deepin 23 community beta 2:

From terminal i got this

image.png

From Control Center/Updates I got:

image.png

Is anything we can do to make it work, I have spent hours searching for a solution but i could not find something, please help.

Reply View the author
n***l@outlook.com
deepin
2023-10-29 08:16

Hello.

Same pb :( Do you have an update ?

Thanks

Reply View the author
r***n@iradt.com
deepin
2023-11-09 19:24
Alex

I didn't receive this update! It looks like there is a problem with your server. What can be done?

Capturar_deepin-terminal_20231014225039.png

Hello;

I don't know if you have already solved it, i have just rename the file driver.list located in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, then I opened Control Center/Updates and click the button Check for Updates, applied all the updates and the reboot my laptop.

For now everything is running just fine, I have encountered no problems until now, and update process now runs fine weather is from terminal or from the user interface in Control Center.

Take care.

Reply View the author