Multitouch - laptop
Tofloor
poster avatar
najkon
deepin
2017-01-18 12:08
Author
Hello,

I thinking do anyone thinking or have already talked about this make full use of the touchpad with multitouch option.
It would be great if it were also implemented the possibility of a web browser or file manager by dragging two fingers to the left or right - to go back or move forward.
and just as in the case of drag three fingers to the left or right - will switch to the previous or next working environment (workspace)

and perhaps it is already such a solution?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
elizabeth
deepin
2017-01-18 12:42
Highly unlikely at the moment, from what I'm reading multi-touch isn't even supported in Ubuntu yet.  But I have yet to get the touch screen working correctly on a Tablet I got.

Unless I have not come across anything more up to date.
Reply View the author
jingle
deepin
2017-01-18 16:56
https://www.deepin.org/en/developer-community/planning/  

Intergrate multi-touch operation to operating system (5-fingers at most), to let users operate the system by touch quickly.
Reply View the author
najkon
deepin
2017-01-19 22:22
nice to hear, I can't wait!
Reply View the author
wangyong
deepin
2017-01-20 00:22
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/134275
nice to hear, I can't wait!

15.4 will build-in multitouch feature.
Reply View the author
bunticlick
deepin
2017-01-20 12:16
Gnome 2.2x has Multitouch support. 3 Finger Pinch shows the open applications/workspaces view, 1 Finger from left to right shows the applications, 4 Finger swipe up/down switches between workspaces and putting 4 Fingers on the screen and tapping with one of then equals alt+tab.. Some gnome apps use pinch to zoom and can scroll with finger-movement (up/down & sideways), ... Unfortunately the filemanager does not support "right click" by touching and holding the finger on the screen or any other method, wich makes filemanagement near impossible by touch. Most non gnome apps don't support touch though, libre office for instance is totally touch unaware.
Reply View the author